Chapter 15

As Ainosuke left Y/N's hospital room, he was greeted by Kaoru standing in front of him. Kaoru had his fan covering his face, glaring at Ainosuke with malicious intent. When Ainosuke saw this, he simply chuckled and told Kaoru with a smile "You're daughter is an absolute treat to talk to with.". Kaoru didn't say anything, only staring at Ainosuke as he walked past him and stepped inside the room.

Ainosuke just softly smiled, putting his hands in his pockets and walking away from the hospital room. As Kaoru looked back and watched as Ainosuke left his sights, he muttered under his breath "You disgust me....". Once Kaoru sighed and turned to face Y/N, he saw that Y/N was covering herself with the hospital blankets, Kaoru immediately going over to her and asking her "Y/N, are you okay?"

Kaoru took the blanket off Y/N, seeing that Y/N had tears falling down from her face and was shaking as she looked over at Kaoru. "Is....Is he gone?" Y/N asked through her tears, Kaoru nodding and taking her into an embrace. As Y/N sobbed into his shoulder, Kaoru tightly held onto her and shushed her, wondering what on earth Ainosuke did to make Y/N like this.

"What did he say to you?" Kaoru asked, Y/N nervously looking down and shook her head, telling him "I can't....I can't tell you....". Kaoru frowned, pressing a kiss to Y/N's forehead as he told her "It's okay....I know now.". Y/N looked up, her eyes wide when she realized what Kaoru meant by that he knows now.

"Ada-......Ainosuke is your biological father, right?" "....yes." Y/N wiped her tears with her hospital gown's sleeve as Kaoru looked down at her, softly moving his hand through her hair. "How did you find out?" Y/N asked, Kaoru sadly smiling and saying to her "Reki told Kojiro, who eventually told me when he saw that Ainosuke wanted to visit you....". Y/N cuddled into Kaoru's chest, sniffling as she muttered to him "Please don't let him take me...."

Kaoru was taken back, asking Y/N "What do you mean by that?". Y/N sat up, telling her adoptive father "When he came in here, he said that he was going to find a way to take custody of me...". Kaoru's eyes widened, anger soon bubbling inside him as he gritted his teeth. "He...He said that?" Kaoru asked, Y/N nodding and pulling her knees close to her chest.

Kaoru began to calm down, not wanting to lose his temper when around Y/N, As he pushed up his glasses, he noticed that there was a bruise on Y/N's right arm. "That wasn't there before..." Kaoru thought, grabbing Y/N's arm and asking her how she got it.

Y/N was silent for a bit, eventually answering Kaoru as she told him "He tried to touch me...I moved away from him and he got angry.". Kaoru gasped, not knowing what Y/N was trying to tell him. "He...He hit you?" "Please don't tell anybody, I don't want to get in trouble!" Y/N wrapped her arms around Kaoru's neck, trying to get him to stay in the room and not to tell anybody of what happened.

"Y/N, why won't you tell this to anyone." Kaoru asked, Y/N releasing him and sitting back on the bed as she looked down and said "It's just...., I'm scared on what he's going to do to me if I do....". Kaoru frowned, patting Y/N's head and giving her a sad smile to reassure her.

"He's not going to do anything to you....I promise." Kaoru said, YN looking up at him and trying to hold back a sob. As Kaoru moved his hand down Y/N's (H/C) hair, he thought to himself

"And I won't let him take you away from me for as long as I live...."

~~~~~~~~~

"Shadow's injured?"

Y/N sat up on her bed, shocked over the news that Kaoru had just told her. "What happened to him?" Y/N asked, worried for what happened to Shadow. Kaoru sat next to Y/N on her bedside, reassuring her by saying "He ended up falling and breaking his arm, nothing too serious.". When Y/N heard this, she gave a big sigh of relief, laying back down on the bed.