Frenemy of My Enemy

"Asya! Asya," I turned, seeing Skye running towards me. She looked excited about something. I pulled myself out of my thoughts, crossing my arms. "What is it?" I asked. "Jiaying--she's my...she's my mom," I smiled at her excitement.

I knew how long she had been looking for her parents. "Th--that's great! Um, how are your powers?" I asked. "They're under control. I can make music with them! How about you?" she asked. I bent down, picking up a rock, feeling the weight leave my hand. "Here, hold this," I tipped it into her hand, but it fell to the ground.

"What the hell?" she muttered. "I can manipulate the tangibility and visibility of particles," I explained. "How far does it go?" she asked. "Very. Apparently, with enough experience, I can manipulate the very air around us,"

-

Calvin Zabo's Office, Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Asya! Come on, we're on a mission," I saw Lincoln running towards me. "About what?" I asked. "Recon. Skye's out with her dad, and we're supposed to follow them," he explained. "When do we leave?" I asked. "Now," Gordon grabbed our arms, teleporting us to a decrepit building. 

"They're inside," Gordon teleported away, leaving us to go inside. Lincoln closed a door quite loudly, making me cringe. "Okay, they definitely know we're here now, thanks to you. I'll go ahead--I'm the better fighter," I said. "But--" he started. "And no buts," I started heading down the hall, making sure my pistol was still in my waistband.

"Who's there? Come out where I can see you," I could hear Zabo, and I rounded the corner. "Relax. It's just me," I said, the two looking at me. "Asya. What are you doing here?" Skye asked, walking over to me. "Jiaying sent me to keep an eye on you two," I lied.

"Why would she need to keep an eye on us?" Zabo asked, approaching with a scalpel. Grab head, smash against the dresser. Break skull. Target eliminated. "What's going on here?" I asked, trying to purge the thoughts from my head.

"Wait a minute. Y--You think Daisy isn't safe with me?" he accused. "I didn't say that. Just calm down," I said tersely. "Don't patronize me. Who the hell do you think you are?! I'm her father!" he shouted, making me tense. "Cal, let me explain," Skye said. "No. What an idiot I've been, huh? I see what's happening. You were gonna dump me here like yesterday's trash. You don't want to spend time with me. This isn't daddy's day out. This is goodbye," he accused.

"It isn't forever," Skye said. "It--it--" he started. "Skye. Don't," I warned, easing her away from Zabo. "Her name is Daisy!" he grabbed me, and flung me into a filing cabinet. My head hit the cabinet pretty hard, putting me into a daze.

 "After everything I did for Jiaying, for our family--years of searching, the pain, and the rejection!" he yelled, as Skye helped me up. "Zabo, I'm warning you..." I said, my hand itching to grab my gun. Grab the gun. Shot to the head. Target eliminated.

"Oh, you're warning me?" A guard came around the corner, and I twisted the gun out of his head, elbowing his gut and slamming his head against the wall. Target eliminated. "What's S.H.I.E.L.D. doing here?" Zabo asked. "It's not S.H.I.E.L.D.--it's HYDRA," Skye said. "Get her out of here. I'll take care of this. Hey, hey, fellas, huh?" I grabbed Skye's arm, dragging her down the hall but she wrenched it out of my grasp.

"I can handle myself," she growled. "Skye, you might bring the whole building down. We need to go. Lincoln's here, he'll help Zabo. We need to get out of here," I stressed, and she nodded. We ran down the hall, and I could hear gunfire echoing off the walls. "Okay. Gunfire. Probably two dozen troops," I pulled my gun out of my waistband, going ahead of us with my weapon ready. There was fighting down the hall, and we rounded the corner to find Coulson and Ward fighting some guards.

"Skye? Asya?" Coulson asked as the two stared at us. "Coulson?" we started heading towards them, but Gordon appeared in front of us. "I need to get you out of here," he grabbed us and pulled us away from our family.