Scars

The Illiad, Location: Classified

I took off down the hall, hearing alarms blare around me. "May! What's going on?!" I shouted, running into her and Bobbi. "Someone's broken in!" she yelled over the sound of the alarms. We took off down the hall, to Vault 47, wrenching the door open and loading our guns. Before we could shoot, Gordon and Raina were gone.

-

"Should have destroyed it when we had the chance," Gonzales said. "You know we couldn't risk it," Bobbi interjected. "There were too many variables," Agent Weaver said. "So this is alien," I said. "Recovered from a dig site nearly a hundred years ago," Gonzales said.

"Mm. And does anyone have any idea which alien world this came from or what it even does?" Rue asked, rolling into the room. "Oh, this new S.H.I.E.L.D. brain trust seems to be working out brilliantly," Hunter mumbled from where he was sat. "Anything about it in Fury's toolbox?" Gonzales asked. "Just that HYDRA was looking for it," Coulson admitted. "Well, now we have a new interested party," I said, crossing my arms and shifting my weight.

"Question is, why?"

-

The Playground, Location: Classified

"What's our plan of attack?" Gonzales. "Who said anything about an attack?" Coulson asked, confused as he spun around. "These people are a threat," he claimed. "We don't know that," I pointed out, crossing my arms. "We don't know anything about them," he continued. 

"Except for the fact that they found our base and our aircraft carrier," Agent Weaver said. "They could teleport into this room right now and leave a bomb behind," the man by the window said. "We've seen what Skye's capable of, Lincoln could short out our entire system, and we don't even know what the limits on Asya's powers are," Weaver continued. "I understand your concerns, but the last thing we need is to start a war. We just finished one, for God's sake," Coulson said. "Action needs to be taken, Phil," Gonzales said.

"Which is why I'm proposing a sit-down with their leader, this woman Jiaying. We'll call it a fact-finding mission," Coulson said. "They'd need to agree to that, first," Weaver said. "We could use Skye and me as liaisons. We are S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents," I suggested. "Is that still true?" Gonzales asked. "Are you questioning our loyalty, Gonzales?" I snapped, glaring at him.

"Now's a good time to find out where they really stand," 

-

Afterlife, Location: Nepal

Jiaying turned as we arrived, embracing Skye when we did. "Are you alright?" she asked her. "Yeah," Syke replied. "What happened?" she asked. "A lot. But I'm okay," Lincoln said. 

"A doctor at S.H.I.E.L.D. patched him up," Skye explained. "S.H.I.E.L.D.?" she asked. "We need to talk," I said. "Go to the recovery room. Have one of ours take a look at you," Jiaying instructed Lincoln, before turning to us. "Come. Tell me everything," she said, leading us to a secluded room.

-

"And you were just beginning to like it here," Jiaying said, disappointment lacing her tone. "We don't have to leave. S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't want that either. Nothing has to change," Skye said. "Sometimes, I forget how young you are," she mused. "Please, just sit down with him. Coulson--he's a good man. He's...he's the only person who's ever tried to take care of me and...until now, he's the closest I've had to family," Skye admitted. "Please, mom," Skye begged.

-

"Some people choose to call it a curse, but at Afterlife, we choose to call it a gift. Why? Because we don't want the way others see us to define who we are. But you have used your powers to manipulate those around you, and you've taken advantage of my good faith," Jiaying accused, as we entered the room where Raina was. "No. You have to listen to me," Raina started. "Don't. It's the same with you every time," I said. "Not it's not. I'm trying to save us," Raina said. "There's not a single soul that knows you who trusts you, Raina. Keep her here until S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone. Then we'll decide your fate," Jiaying instructed.

"You have to believe me. Something terrible is going to happen unless you do what I say! You'll regret this,"

-

I heard gunshots ringing out from the building where Jiaying was meeting with Gonzales, and started rushing over. I saw her emerging from the building, blood smeared across her shoulder. 

"He tried to kill me. S.H.I.E.L.D. tried to kill me. This--this is war,"

a/n So I just got a call from my mom, and I have been accepted into my county's Early College! I cannot express how fricking excited I am about this!