𝟹𝟽 ❁ 𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚜

"But if we can get the gold, then we could pay for a lawyer!" JJ argued with the group, throwing his hands around as he said the words.

"It's too risky." Pope replied. Kayanna looked at him. His thinking face was on and his brows were furrowed. "They're looking for you," He said, referring to John B and Kay. "If we get caught—"

"We won't get caught." JJ answered.

There was silence for a moment while Pope looked at him dumbfoundedly. "...it's not that simple."

The group was currently hiding at Kiara's house. Her family's home had a basement that they used as a game room. It was put together like an apartment under the house. There was a kitchen and a bathroom. There wasn't a bedroom, but there was a big comfy couch. Kie was basically the only one who used the room. Her parents had actually had it finished for her to have a safe hang out spot with her "sketchy friends". She hadn't used it much. The Pogues would usually rather be outside or at the chateau. It actually made a pretty good hiding place for them.

"How would we even do that, JJ?" Kie asked, exhausted.

JJ threw his hands up in the air, "I don't know! I'm not hearing any other ideas."

"We need Sarah." All eyes turned to John B who finally spoke. He pushed him self off the counter he was leaning on and began walking towards the door.

"Woah, woah, woah, what are you doing?" Kie asked, stepping in front of him.

"I'm getting Sarah."

"You can't just go out there! They're looking for you!" Kie tried to reason with him.

"We need Sarah." John B countered.

"What we need is a plan!"

"I'm getting Sarah." John B tried to push past Kie.

"She's right, John B. Can you just listen to us for once?" Pope snapped.

John B stared at Pope for a second, and then Kie who still stood in front of him. He then changed direction and went towards the fridge. He pulled out a beer and turned to Kayanna who had been almost completely silent the whole day. She sat on a bar stool facing the kitchen, watching the scene unfold before her. Although, from the blank and lost expression on her face, she may have been completely blocking it out. "What do you think?" He asked.

Everyone turned to the mentally exhausted Kay.

And physically exhausted.

Who wasn't exhausted at that point?

What do you think?  What did she think? She didn't know. There weren't any good options. "I don't know." She spoke. Her voice sounded confident but tired.

No one said anything for a moment, as if they were waiting for her to continue.

"What?" Kay would not be making the plan. Her brain wasn't ready to plan anything. If she did, it would probably go to shit.

"I think you should have a say." John B leaned back against the counter again, more restless than before.

"I don't have any plans." Kay deadpanned. What did he want? Her to cook up some magnificent plan to get the gold and clear their names? She had absolutely no ideas at all.

"I just think you should have a say since the whole," John B lifted his beer, "Ward situation was actually a lot closer to you than we originally thought." He said slowly.

Kayanna stared at him blankly. She didn't know what she wanted anymore.

...Actually she did. She wanted it to be over.