𝟷𝟶 ❁ 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜

"Do you mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked from the back seat of John B's van. The teens were all together again heading towards who-knows-where. "Do you want a hit of this?" He asked Pope, who was sitting next to him.

"I keep the signal clear."

"What about you? You want a hit?" He asked Kay who sat slightly behind the two.

"I'm good." She said. She didn't have to keep any signals clear but she still thought she should be sober for whatever they were about to do. Especially considering the Pogues had already had two run-ins with the cops in the time Kayanna had been with them. She turned to her bag, unzipped it and pulled out a bag of cool ranch doritos. "Chips?"

"Sure," Pope accepted her offer.

"you guys just need to get creative." JJ spoke, grabbing a handful of chips. "If you got creative—"

"Look, I know I was wrong about the light house, alright?" John B cut off JJ's rant. "And pretty much wrong about everything else going on," At least he admitted it. "But I was right about one thing. Okay, my dad is trying to tell me something." He said with absolutely no doubt in his voice.

"So where are we going now?" Kayanna asked quietly after a moment.

There was silence in the van while the group waited for John B to answer. He glanced at Kie, "uhm, a graveyard."

Kayanna blinked before pushing the bag into the front seat. "Chips?"

• ❁ •

"Coming?"

"Yeah, I'm coming. This place is scary." Kie spoke as she walked a pace in front of Kayanna. She was right. It was a little bit scary. Especially because it was night. The darkness gave the already spooky graveyard an extra eerie vibe. Kayanna focused on taking soft steps, as though, if she were to step on so much as a twig, some corpse would come and drag her to the afterlife. Did he really have to bring them there at night?

"This whole time I thought Redfield was a place. It's not a place. It's a person." John B spoke, finally shedding a fraction of light on the subject of their being at a freaking graveyard. "My great-great grandmother, Olivia Redfield." He said, shining his flashlight on her grave. "C'mon, help me with the door."

"It's like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge." Pope spoke as the three boys pushed against the stone door.

Hiss

A snake slithered out of a crack in the door causing the boys to back away from it.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah,"

"That's a moccasin, alright, ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth." JJ spoke, before he began to bark at the snake. Bark. At. It.

"JJ, shut up! Shut up!" Kie spoke frantically as her and Kay took a step back.

"You're gonna wake the dead, man!"

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man— wait, hold on, hold on. If there's one, there's probably dozens." JJ warned John B.

"Can you stop? You're scaring me."

"Yeah, me too," Kay spoke, standing close to Kie. "shit," she said under her breath.