𝟷𝟻 ❁ 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen. To going full Kook." John B spoke as he lifted the drone into the water. "Alright JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." He called to JJ.

Whatever that means.

Kayanna stood next to Pope, looking at the drone screen. She had gone home late in the night when she'd woken up on the hammock with just Kie. Thankfully no one seemed to have noticed her very late arrival. In the morning, she'd showered, packed some snacks, and headed off to John B's to look for the Royal Merchant. Whether or not she believed in it, she was along for the ride. Plus, John B's unmovable belief in it was kinda rubbing off on the whole group.

Pope gasped, pulling her attention to the screen to the screen in front of her.

"What, what, what, what, what?"

"It's nothing." Pope spoke.

"Just a fishy." Kayanna said, staring at the screen.

"And do quote The Hobbit, 'Down, down, to goblin town. Down, down, you go, my lad."

"I love The Hobbit." Kay spoke absentmindedly, not glancing away from the screen. "The Lord of the Rings was my saving grace in, like, seventh grade."

Pope turned his head, a small smile breaking out on his face.

John B called out more confusing things to JJ that made absolutely no sense to Kayanna.

"Keep the tether out of the prop!"

"I'm trying!" Kie called. "700 feet."

The wind picked up causing the boat to rock more. "Is this saf—" Kay started before the boat rocked unexpectedly. She grabbed onto the railing, steadying herself before glancing at the teens around her.

"Absolutely." John B spoke. Although, his voice was higher than normal.

Pope's eyes met Kayanna's before he shook his head as if to say "it's not safe at all."

Reassuring.

"JJ, hold it steady!"

"Okay, 900 feet!"

"JJ, we'll turtle in this storm, man."

Well that definitely doesn't sound safe.

"Crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!"

???

A big thumbs up to JJ because Kayanna would not have any idea what to do with that information.

"Pope how we doing?"

"Almost there."

"John B, there's too much current, we're gonna lose it?" Kie shouted. Kayanna stumbled to her attempting to help control the cord.

"Half speed, steady at this baring JJ!" John B yelled. "What do you got, Pope? What do you see?"

"Nothing. Whole lot of nothing."

"You should be right above it."

"Kiara!"

"960...... 970.... 980!"

"I'm at the bottom! I'm at the bottom!"

"Okay, steady here, JJ! Quarter speed alright!?" John B shouted. "You should be seeing something, man."

"I know, I know!" Pope replied. "Wait, wait."

"It's the Royal Merchant." John B said as the ship came into sight on the screen. Kie, Pope, and Kay stared at the screen, eyes wide.