𝟸𝟷 ❁ 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚓𝚓

Kayanna sat in the back of John B's van as he drove to the Hawk's Nest. They were meeting Sarah Cameron to get original maps or something like that.

Kayanna's thoughts hadn't stopped all night, and bringing gold drama in did not help. She brought her knees up to her chest and pulled her dress over them so she wasn't flashing anyone. She wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her head on her knees. It was the most comforting position she knew.

Her thoughts kept her occupied and before she knew it, they had arrived. She made no motion to move, hoping they would let her stay as look out or something.

"I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." John B spoke from the driver seat. Oh, thank God.

"Really?"

"I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." Kayanna's eyes drifted away from John B and to Pope. He looked good without a hat on.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kiara stated.

He looked good with one on, too, though.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's like a— a business meeting."

Kayanna's eyes landed on JJ when he made a movement, pretending to deep throat his blunt. A small genuine smile broke out on her lips for the first time that night. She peaked at Pope who had laughed softly as well. He had a nice smile, too.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you guys."

"I promise." John B spoke, getting out of the car. "I'm gonna take care of business."

"And we're just gonna sit here..." Pope spoke. "In the hot ass car.... while it's lightening."

Kayanna brought her attention to her hands. She began picking at her nails. She needed to be doing something. She had never realized how much she depended on her bracelets until now.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kayanna shrugged, hoping she'd let it go.

"Really?" Kiara pried.

"Yeah—"

"Because you don't look fine."

Kayanna finally looked up from her nails. "I'm fine. I guess I'm just... tired maybe." It wasn't a complete lie. She was tired. But she wasn't exactly fine.

"Is it the concussion?" Pope asked. "Because if it is—"

"Whoa, what?" JJ looked up from the blunt he'd just lit.

"What— you have a concussion?" Kiara asked looking around the car.

"No. I don't." Kayanna replied, furrowing her eyebrows at Pope. "In fact, I'm completely fine. Here, give me that." She said, rising out of her seat slightly and grabbing the blunt from JJ's fingers. She inhaled quickly, coughing when she took in too much, too fast.

Kiara grabbed the blunt from her hand. "What are you doing?" She asked growing impatient.

"What? I can't have fun? I thought you wanted me to relax more. Be myself." The words flew out of her mouth.

"Not like this!" Kie raised her voice. "I know you! What happened tonight?"

Kayanna's eyes stung as she stared at Kiara. What happened tonight? She brought her eyes back to her lap, tears prickling into her eyes.

"She has been kinda trippy tonight—" Pope kicked JJ before he could finish his sentence.

"Nothing happened." She was amazed that her voice didn't crack.