Chapter 15 - Never have I ever

Dani had managed to get two friends excited for the party, so we swung by their dorm on our way.

When we found the Alpha Phi Omega frat house, the four of us came to a halt in the front yard.

The party had only been going for about an hour and there were already beer cans and red cups littered in front of the house. The front door was open and people seemed to be entering and exiting as they pleased. Loud music was bouncing from inside and purple neon lights flashes in the windows.

I stood gaping at the house. This party was nothing like the Beta Psi party we'd been at last night.

Especially when a guy rushed through the front door, pushing past two girls entering, and immediately threw himself against the porch railing to throw up. 

"Oh my god, are we really doing this?" Sierra from our class in modern dance asked, voice hesitant. 

When I looked over at her, both Sierra and her friend Finley looked anxious. However, Dani was staring at the house with wide eyes and a grin on her face.

"This is what I'm talking about!" she shrieked with her hands in the air as she bolted toward the house. 

I noticed that the wine bottle she was still holding was almost empty. We had passed it back and forth on our way, but I hadn't realized how much we'd drunk in just a few minutes. That's probably why Dani rushed in without even paying attention to the guy heaving, and why I wobbled on my heels as I followed her toward the house.

"I don't know about this," Sierra said to me, eyeing the house like it was something dangerous. 

"Me neither," I said honestly. I really wanted to know more about who Jack was, but it felt a little bit like I was standing on the edge of a lion's den. "But we can't just leave Dani here. Who knows, it could be fun? And if it's not we can just leave."

Sierra nodded. "That's true. Let's give it a try."

As I entered the house, the music wrapped around me. But that's not why I had my breath knocked out of me. The house was packed. The foyer connected all the rooms and was like a busy train station, with people pushing past in every direction. Girls were holding each other's hands so they wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

We made our way through, to a room that had been turned into a dance floor. The amount of bodies pushing and grinding against each other was insane. The air was thick from the sweaty bodies crammed together into the tight space.

The place looked more like a nightclub than a frat house. There was a smoke machine somewhere in the room, making everything foggy and disorienting. There were no lights on except for flashing strobe lights. I felt like I was watching everything happen in slow motion.

"I see Dani!" Finley shouted behind me, pointing toward the dance floor.

As I looked in that direction, I had no idea how Finley had managed to spot her. 

Dani was shorter than most people on the dance floor, trying to dance next to two girls she seemed to know, but mostly being shoved around by the bodies pressed around her. 

"Let's dance!" Sierra shouted over the music, suddenly looking in a much happier mood.

She grabbed Finley's hand and started dragging her through the crowd to get to Dani. 

"I'll join you in a sec!" I shouted back, pointing toward the side room. 

Sierra and Finley waved and shimmied onto the dance floor, self-consciousness suddenly gone. Maybe it was the dim light or the packed bodies giving anonymity to the situation that gave them a free pass to do their thing.