two

i never knew who threw me into a trash can as according to sunghoon the next day

i never knew who threw me into a trash can as according to sunghoon the next day. he described to me that i was found in a trash bin with vomit and took me to the nurse's office with the help of jaeyun. as lunch was still in its mid-interval, jaeyun introduces us to a few of his classmates.

among his acquainted peers, one of them looked awfully familiar. her name was lee hyerin. her overall figure appeared to be the most loudest and most chaotic one in the group. through our introductions, i came to a point that we both had similar personalities.

we didn't know each other on the school campus, but that changed when we made our first eye contact. we were chaotic, and we became even more chaotic together. we kept it that way for a long time to come. she and i had a lot in common as we began to converse with each other more and more with each passing day.

day-by-day, i found myself wanting to see her more often. i wanted to see her smiling face laughing over my terrible jokes. i hoped to see her cheerful expressions whenever i enlightened the mood of our group. i wished to take her places that i haven't gone with anyone yet.

i desired to have memories of her, desired to have her take over a part of my life.

.

hyerin one day came to my house on a rainy day. she was at my doorstep drenched from the sky's waters. her cheeks were streaked with tears, and her dark chocolate eyes showed me torment. something had happened to her, and i brought her in.

i couldn't hesitate to leave her there, so i brought her a variety of my mother's clothes. i felt pain and discomfort within my chest as my mind began to rack of stress. seeing my own mother's clothes brought me to despair; knowing that my mother was gone and i gave her clothes to someone who i had fallen head-over-heels for caused me to feel anxious.

i shouldn't have done it. i should have just left her in the rain, but my stubborn self brought her in and selfishly gave her what wasn't mine. it was simply because i was in love. blind for love.

when she came out of the bathroom, she seemed so feeble and pale despite being devoured by an over-sized hoodie. we spent a time in the living room, me listening to her, and her ranting to me about what happened. shortly afterward did i know i resembled her late brother and today was her first anniversary without him.

my heart ached for her.