five

the dim lights came into view when i woke up

the dim lights came into view when i woke up. pale shades of white and yellow speckled my vision, and i was weaker than ever. hyerin appeared beside me, smiling weakly at me. her neutral expression was almost transparent enough for me to know that she was in pain to see me in my current condition.

her hand reached out to me, gingerly holding my face ever so softly. my tired state was too exhausted to react, but i still cup my hand over hers, giving into her light touch.

what felt like an eternity, the urgent care doctors came to my bed and diagnosed me with heart cancer. i lost all hope in life because i had a rare blood type, but they told me there was a volunteer for a heart transplant.

i questioned and pondered over the mysterious client, but the doctors refused to tell me the name of the donor as they wanted to be anonymous.

i had adjusted to the new medical environment within moments, with the help of hyerin. i asked her why she wanted to be my side, and she replies to me that she had found a purpose to live through me. the only purpose she had rejected me the first time because it was new to her, and i understood where she was coming from - the sudden emotion was new to her.

the days were counting closer to my transplant, and within that time, the bond between the two of us grew exponentially. she would come see me every day when visiting hours were open, and she would bid me a good sleep me with kisses when vising hours were closing.

hyerin was pure and innocent. she tended to my needs and took me places that were both beneficial to the two of us around the hospital. she would comb tangled strands of bed hair for me and she would sometimes feed me my meals as if i were her baby.

eventually with time and reflection, her affection for me gradually changed to something deeper. our relationship with each other grew immensely, and we agreed to come up with a promise...

to be with each other forever.