three

a new event had been added to my daily routine and it was to be with her

a new event had been added to my daily routine and it was to be with her. i would wait for her every day to finish her shift at the convenience store. as she would do her part-time job, i would assist her in secret and give her the easy route out.

i really enjoyed taking care of hyerin. it made me feel loved even if it was just myself for her, and it made her feel safe. the times that i envelop her small frame into my arms made me feel butterflies at the pit of my stomach.

in return, she does the same for me, making sure i'm always doing important tasks first instead of spreading them throughout my schedule. i felt like i was a priority to her, and i cherished that feeling even if it were nonexistent in her eyes. or, it may have been just an illusion - my childish imagination.

i learned that she was an orphan, along with her brother, and now she's alone with nobody to be with. it came to a point that we were alike, with nobody to treat as a family, and that we could care for each other instead of relying on others. we became a new family, a platonic one.

the day finally came when it felt good enough to tell her my true feelings. i couldn't wait any longer and my heart didn't want to stay still. the pounding of my heart only thumped louder with every second, excitement and an uncertainty arising deep inside.

.

in my hands was a small bouquet of roses, the crimson flowers that meant passion and love, as well as the intricate meaning of a harmonic blood. she came out of the convenience store and was shocked at my presence when i gave her the amber flowers.

her presence brought me bliss, experiencing emotions that i never thought i would have again. even in the coldest of winds, her existence wiped it all away, but that eventually melted away from me.

as i confessed, she looked away, and i knew all too well that she didn't want to date me despite our proximity. she wanted to keep everything the way how it already was. my heart felt burdened and shattered after that, all pessimism coming back into it.

i was broken.