-

RECAP

a/n note: basically my notes i used while writing

.

this story takes place in jay's dream.

jay has heart cancer, but he doesn't know - in fact, nobody knows. at the beginning of the story, a girl meets jay - on the floor, to be precise. it's dumb move but the girl - out of panic - somehow throws jay into a nearby trash can. what happened to jay? well, jay does actually try to go to the nurse's office to relieve some body pain.

the two are considered to have similar personalities and take care of each other, almost like platonic love. almost. it becomes a one-sided love for jay; he liked the idea that he had a similar personality as someone else and had someone to care for him. on the other hand, the girl only saw jay as a close friend. because jay confesses to the girl, the girl begins to avoid him but also starts to think why jay had an interest in her (not mentioned); she develops feelings steadily.

weeks pass, and the girl decides to try dating jay - she was sure that she had some kind of emotion towards the male. days pass and she invites jay to meet up with her to confess. jay wasn't feeling well the day that she invited him, but goes anyway only to faint right in front of her. he wasn't feeling good, but who wouldn't want to meet with their crush when their love is asking them to meet them somewhere?

at the hospital, the girl discovers that jay has heart cancer and needs a heart transplant in order to live; if he doesn't get the transplant in a certain amount of days, he'll live the rest of his days in pain until his heart is taken over by the unknown disease. the problem for the doctors was that... jay had a rare blood type and the hospital didn't have any frozen hearts in stock to help him out. miraculously, the girl has the same blood type as him and volunteers to give her life to save jay because she realized - she's in love with him. and what do lovers do for each other? anything.

jay wakes up from his slumber feeling terrible and the girl is beside him smiling painfully. she figured that she would spend her last days in happiness with the love of her life, park jongseong. jay finds out about having heart cancer and doesn't know who the volunteer is. he and the girl make a promise to each other to be together forever once he recovers from his transplant surgery. he spends his last moments with the girl before getting anesthetized. when he's finally away, the girl hurries to prepare herself and gets anesthetized as well, her last words being something like "i'll be with you forever... in your heart" (changed to jay's perspective).

when jay wakes up, he feels hyped up and undergoes rehabilitation as he thinks where could the girl be since the girl also said to him that she'll be with him as soon as he wakes up. he's sad to be honest, and when it's the day that he gets the chance to discharge out of the hospital, he finds a letter in his jacket pocket. the letter is from the girl and he reads the letter, tears silently falling down his cheeks. the letter explains everything that they've been through to knowing that she will really be with him forever via his current heart.

jay believed in the worse, he thought he didn't deserve to be alive. as soon as he leaves the hospital, he heads to somewhere that could possibly be a cliff or a bridge. at this place, he'll commit suicide. he takes out the letter from the girl and smiles at it, tears flowing out of his eyes gently. the wind in this scene is at the level of a hurricane, the coming tsunami intruding the land. he lets go of the letter and watches it fly until it's no longer seen.

in his expensive clothes, he climbs over the protective barrier and holds it while he gazes at the the gorgeous and sad view in front of him. his last words are "given or taken" or something along those lines having to do with life. when he's had enough of sightseeing, he lets go to do his suicide homage.

everything becomes darkness until a small dim of light erupts and jay's adventurous dream comes to an end. jay wakes up and goes to school, late. he's the only one in the hallway until he notices a girl laying on the floor beside a trash can. maybe end with "if i wake from dreamless sleep, may tomorrow begin like a dream".

the end :)