six

it was the day that i would get my heart transplant, and i spent my last moment with hyerin

it was the day that i would get my heart transplant, and i spent my last moment with hyerin. the last moment with my own heart was with my love.

the doctors prepped themselves and transported my bed along over to the entrance of the surgery room, where hyerin waited for me. she held my hand and held it, trembling. i assured to her that everything would be okay, and i hoped for myself that it would be okay.

we had one more kiss together; soft and short, one that was left with many emotions and memories, as well as a burning passion. the feeling left me feeling sentimental as i was beginning to be anesthetized. i began counting down as ordered from ten, with the last five seconds being dedicated to five things that i felt proud of.

5, my mother who brought me birth to the world,

4, my father who took care of me despite his work,

3, my friends who supported me and my troubles,

2, my happiness that has lasted til' this day, and...

1, my love, hyerin who gives me a reason to live.

with that, my last remnants of my past heart spiraled into an infinite darkness.

.

when i woke up, i felt energized and excited to experience a second life with someone else's heart. i quickly reminisced hyerin, then my family, and lastly the hospital that i was in. everything felt different, and the beating of my new heart didn't feel foreign in my chest.

i spent a solid two weeks recovering from the successful surgery and learned how to control my body individually in the intensive care unit. from time-to-time, there were periods where i didn't feel right mentally, and there were stages where i felt sick physically.

in the long run, i frequently participated in physical therapies to tolerate all the weak points within myself, and additionally did private exercises to speed up the final recovery. the experience was all unique, and i enjoyed it ultimately.

i was happy, but not happy enough. i was missing her, and questioning where she could be as she said she would visit me as soon as i'm able to be able to walk on my own. i've been able to do most things by myself for quite a long interval, but she never came nor have i seen her during the time that i stayed in rehabilitation.

when the day came that i was able to be discharged, my happiness drained into another everlasting sadness. i had hoped she would keep our promise, but maybe promises were made to be broken. maybe that famous saying really was true at heart.

as i changed into my normal clothes, each article taking an excessive long amount of time to put on from the shirt, to the hoodie, and lastly to the jacket. then, i find something in the pocket of the jacket.

it was a letter.