eight

it was too cruel, the world being evil and being against me

it was too cruel, the world being evil and being against me. i didn't deserve the world. it was an unfair cruelty that i was living in life, and life wasn't living in me.

as soon as i left the hospital, i went where my feet took me. the different surge of energy within me was filled with nostalgia - a collection of happy and sad memoirs.

i soon noticed that i was overlooking a river from a bridge, an endless view of the sea and sky touching each other from their blue and grey hues of elements. the waves of the water were dangerously high and the sky left an eerie impact on how the world really appeared.

i take out the letter from hyerin and smile at the soft writing imprinted onto the paper, tears flowing out of my eyes gently. the wind in the area was quite terrible, as a tsunami was approaching. then, i let go of the letter, watching it fly along with the harsh breezes until it was no longer in sight.

my ears no longer heard anything - no more sounds of cars speeding by, no more sounds of threatening winds, and no more sounds of the beating of my heart.

i climb over the fence of the bridge, my hands tightly holding onto the railing as i gazed at the horizon where the sun was still visible and the shining blue seas opened before me.

was i given the chance to live? or did i take the chance to live?

finally, i released my grip from the cold metal and let myself fall down into the sea. the enjoyment of pain seeped into my lungs, the cold feeling of water penetrating my body.

the moment i let my breath go, i felt numb. i couldn't see anything except darkness. i finally close my eyes, and only one thing remained in my head other than the seawater.

with our last step, we dance across this line, into a new world.