Chapter Three: The Portkey

Posted: November 24th, 2020
Edited:
Major editing: August 2nd, 2021
—————————————————————————-

Natalia woke up earlier than Hermione and Ginny. Natalia grabbed some clothes and crept out of the room and carefully walked to the bathroom. Thankfully no one was in there.
She took this as a good thing and quickly got dressed in Muggle wear; a long, black skirt (with pockets), a nice white blouse, and black boots.
It looks like she's going to Sunday church. It doesn't look too churchy but at the same time, not too modern.
  Her hair lays uneven and messy in her ponytail she wore to bed so Natalia carefully toke it out and
brushed it slowly. After attempting random hairstyles, she decided to put it up in a braid crown and moved strands of hair out.

(Something like that but her hair is black)

Hermione and Ginny started to stir as Natalia came back into Ginny's room.
"What's going on?" said Hermione as she slowly got up.
"We're getting dressed. Hurry," said Natalia as she went over to Hooty who is flying around his cage.
"otprav' eto yemu, khorosho?" whispered Natalia as she handed Hooty a rolled up piece of paper that has a dark blue ribbon around it.
(Translation: Send this to him, ok?)
She opens the cage door and Hooty flys up, landing on Natalia's shoulder.
"Can I open your window, Ginny?" said Natalia.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure," said Ginny as she was putting on her jacket.
Natalia opened Ginny's window and Hooty flew off. Natalia closed the window quietly and sighed quietly.

She misses her father. She's been sending him letters a lot. And he always writes back. They've been playing a game where you have to name one animal or food that starts with a certain letter and how many they can think of. They are on letter J now.

When Hermione and Ginny are done changing, the three of them walked into the kitchen, looking pale and drowsy.
"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table.
"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr. Weasley.
"Walk?" said Harry. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"
"No, no, that's miles away," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup..."
"George!" said Mrs. Weasley sharply, and they all jumped.
"What?" said George, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.
"What is that in your pocket?"
"Nothing!"
"Don't you lie to me!"
Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hand.
"We told you to destroy them!" said Mrs. Weasley furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"
It was an unpleasant scene; the twins had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible, and it was only by using her Summoning Charm that Mrs. Weasley managed to find them all.
"Accio! Accio! Accio!" she shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans.
"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother as she threw the toffees away.
"Oh a fine way to spend six months!" she shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"