Chapter Five: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Posted: February 11th, 2022
Edited: February 12th, 2022
Song: Dreams Drive Out the Days

Author's note:
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE. There could be some spelling and grammar mistakes.

This chapter switches POV's several times. Thank you 😊

Remember to comment and vote!🥳🥳

                   🦆————————-🦆

Natalia's POV

Mrs. Weasley followed them upstairs looking grim.

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she said as they reached the first landing, "we've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," she added to Hermione, "so try not to wake her up."

"Asleep, yeah, right," said Fred in an undertone, after Hermione bade them goodnight and they were climbing to the next floor. "If Ginny's not lying awake waiting for Hermione to tell her everything they said downstairs then I'm a Flobberworm...."

"All right, Ron, Harry," said Mrs. Weasley on the second landing, pointing them into their bedroom. "Off to bed with you."

" 'Night," Harry and Ron said to the twins.

"Sleep tight," said Fred, winking.

  "Alright, Fred, George, off you go," said Mrs. Weasley and shooed them to their bedroom up the steps.

  "Yeah, yeah. We're going," said George and the two of them went into their rooms and closed the door behind them.

  "Natalia, why don't you-" Mrs. Weasley began but Natalia stopped her. "I'll stay with Ron and Harry for a bit."

  "You're supposed to be going to bed," said Mrs. Weasley, tired of Natalia's struggle. 

"Who are you? My mother?" said Natalia harshly.

Mrs. Weasley opened her mouth to say something but closed it.

"Harry may think you're his mother figure, but you aren't mine," said Natalia smoothy. "Now, if you'll excuse me." And with that, Natalia stepped around Mrs. Weasley and shifty walked into the boys room. Jae held his finger up, about to say something, but decided that it wasn't worth it and quickly followed Natalia into the boys room.

When Natalia and Jae walked into the boy's room, Harry was already in his pajamas and Ron threw Owl Treats up on top of the wardrobe to pacify Hedwig and Pigwidgeon, who were clattering around and rustling their wings restlessly.

"Hey, guys," said Jae as they closed the door behind them.

"What are you two doing here?" said Harry as Ron quickly put his maroon top on.

"Can we not just hang out?" said Natalia and sat down on Harry's bed.

Ron put more treats up in the wardrobe.
"We can't let them out to hunt every night," Ron explained. "Dumbledore doesn't want too many owls swooping around the square, thinks it'll look suspicious. Oh yeah ... I forgot...."

He crossed to the door and bolted it.

"What're you doing that for?" said Harry.

"Kreacher," said Ron as he turned off the light. "First night I was here he came wandering in at three in the morning. Trust me, you don't want to wake up and find him prowling around your room. Anyway..."

He got into his bed, settled down under the covers, then turned to look at the others in the darkness. Natalia could see his outline by the moonlight filtering in through the grimy window, "what d'you reckon?"