Chapter One: A Peck of Owls

Year 5

Posted: September 16th, 2021
Edited: September 19th, 2021
Song: Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn & Sia

Remember to comment and vote!!!!!

Quote of the day:
"There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort."

-Charlotte Bronte

Tell me if you'd like more happy quotes before the chapter starts! ❤️❤️
————————————————-

Natalia sat at the window seat in her uncle, Regulus Black's room, starting out the window. She could see Muggles walking around and Muggle children playing at the park directly in front of 12 Grimmauld Place, where Regulus and Sirius grew up. Grimmauld Place was a striking five-storey Georgian townhouse in North London exuding an abundance of unadulterated period charm.

The room is mainly bare, with spare papers and random books sprawled across the newly cleaned dark wooden floors. The Slytherin colours of emerald and silver were everywhere, draping the bed, the walls and the windows. The Black family crest was painstakingly painted over the bed, along with its motto Toujours Pur which meant always pure in French.

On the floor was a collection of yellow newspaper cuttings, all stuck together to make a ragged collage. An old Slytherin Quidditch team photograph adorns one of the walls, featuring Regulus, the Seeker, sitting in the middle of the a crowd of Slytherin students. On the door, a sign is hung above the threshold which reads: Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black.
Sirius had told her that the sign is enchanted, otherwise it wouldn't be there. A four poster bed was in the middle of the small room with dark satin green sheets and pillows. The bed frame was carved carefully and perfectly.

Four bookshelves that reached the ceiling were filled with books, leaving a single shelf for pictures and knickknacks. There were seven picture frames. One was of Regulus and Sirius when they were kids. It seemed like Sirius was complaining about something and Regulus was looking off somewhere over the frame, distracted.

The second one was of Sirius and Regulus at Hogwarts. They're both younger looking and apparently it's when Regulus was a new First Year student and Sirius was a Second Year.

The third one was a family picture which included Mr and Mrs. Black, Sirius and Regulus sitting in front of the Black family tree in the drawing room.

The forth one was of Regulus and some random Slytherin students in the Slytherin common room sitting in front of the green-flamed fireplace.

The fifth one is of Regulus, Sirius and Annika (Natalia's mother). They're in the kitchen making something. Regulus is mixing something, Annika is getting a pot from a cabinet and Sirius is goofing around with the flour, causing white dust clouds to float around in the picture. Regulus seemed to be either thirteen or fourteen and Sirius and Annika looked around fourteen or fifteen. They're smiles were forever captured in time. It's bittersweet.

The sixth one is another family picture but Sirius isn't in it. Regulus looked so empty and hurt in the picture. Natalia guessed that's when Sirius got thrown out of the house.

The seventh one is a picture of Regulus and a baby at The Three Broomsticks. The baby is dressed in a white sweater and small black pants. The baby looked only about a month or so old and Regulus looked like he was straight out of Hogwarts. In the picture, Regulus is looking down at the baby and then looked up at the camera with a smile while the baby only laughs.
The baby in the picture is Natalia. That was the only time Regulus saw her.