Chapter Twenty: The Yule Ball

Posted: January 12th, 2021
Edited:

Song: Please Come Home For Christmas

Author's note:  remember to comment and vote! You can always message me if you need something!
I have another book I'm writing which is the second book to my Total Drama Island series that you can read! I think it has 3 or so chapters. I'll be updating that soon as well!

Major editing: August 4th, 2021
————————————————————————-

Close to midnight, Natalia crept out of her bed and out of her dorm. She slowly stepped down the cold, marble staircase that led to the common room. Natalia peaked her head over the wall to see if the coast was clear. It was.
Carefully, Natalia dashed across the room and opened the Fat Lady's portrait slowly. She heard the Fat Lady snoring, which was good. As Natalia looked around the hallway, she noticed that no one was there. Frowning, she put a hand on her pocket, where the note was.
'Is this a joke?' Natalia thought before creeping out of the portrait and closing it quietly behind her. The Fat Lady striired in her sleep, causing Natalia to become as still as possible. Thankfully, the Fat lady only turned over, still asleep.

Sighing to herself, Natalia crept down the hallway and when she turned right, she saw someone standing next to a window with their back turned towards her.
"Lumus," whispered Natalia. Her wand cast a shadowy pale blue light that illuminated the dark hallway.
The person turned around, obviously scared at the sudden light.

The person was Jae.

Natalia looked just as shocked as Jae.
"What are you doing here, Jae?" Natalia whispered, lowering her wand.
It seems like he's been nervous. His hair is ruffled up and his eyes are wide in fear.
Natalia can feel her breath get caught in her throat as he wasn't answering as fast as she'd like him to.
  "Hey..." said Jae awkwardly after a long pause. "I didn't know if you were going to show up."
It took Natalia a split second to piece things together. "You wrote this?" Natalia got the note out of her pocket and held it up to Jae for him to see.
"Heh, yeah," Jae chuckled awkwardly.   "Well... here you are."
"Well, did you want to tell me something?" said Natalia quietly, lowering her head in embarrassment, letting her hair cover her red face.
"Um... well," Jae starts to get flustered. He takes a deep breath in and let's it out slowly.
"Natalia," said Jae firmly, "we met on the Hogwarts Express around four years ago. We became friends easily and always got along. Whenever we fought over stupid things, we apologized quickly and moved on. Last year, I developed.... certain feelings for you. It wasn't until that one night when everyone was in the Great Hall when your father broke into your common room and you were so panicked and stressed that you fell asleep on me. That was when I realized I loved you," said Jae like he rehearsed it for weeks.
Natalia's face heated up even more.
"What I'm trying to say is," said Jae nervously, "if you would like to go to the Yule Ball with me. And maybe become my girlfriend?"

Natalia felt like she's going to explode. Hesitantly, she nodded. 
"Yes to the Yule Ball or..." Jae trailed off awkwardly, also as red as a tomato.
"I want to go to the Yule Ball with you... and be your girlfriend," Natalia said just over a whisper.
"Y-you do?!" Jae said loudly, causing him to cover his mouth.
Natalia nodded sheepishly.
"I-I- are you sure? You aren't under some spell or something?" said Jae, looking over her for some sort of wire or camera.
"I'm sure," said Natalia firmly, even though she's not looking him in the eyes. Overwhelmed with emotion, Jae wrapped Natalia in a warm hug, placing his head on top of hers gently.
Taken off guard, Natalia stumbled a bit but caught herself. She hesitated, but returned the hug.
  "I'm so happy. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I promise to treat you so well!" Jae gushed. "I promise to never hurt you on purpose. I'll only be loyal to you."
"You don't have to go that far," Natalia muttered into Jae's shoulder, obviously embarrassed.
  "Of course I do! Why would I ever not think to keep you as my number one?" Jae asked.
"Well... I'm just saying. I want you to not worry about me all the time. I want this to not be a strained relationship or something uncomfortable that normally happens with other.... couples," explained Natalia hesitantly. 
"Then I guess this won't be a strained or uncomfortable relationship," Jae said confidently.