Chapter Twenty Eight: Veritaserum & The Parting of the Ways

Posted: June 12th, 2021

Author's note:
Hi duckies! I'm going to put two chapters in one since I will be cutting down the original chapter quite a bit!

Should I change the book cover?

Remember to comment and vote!

Major editing: August 7th, 2021

I don't own Harry Potter. Credit goes to J.K. Rowling.
I only own Natalia, Natalia's mother, Jae, Jae's mother, Lee Adams, Vaughn Vega and any additional characters I added to the story!

I also want to add that I do not support the views of J.K. Rowling.
I don't want any negativity in the comment section because I want this to be a safe place for my readers.

If someone doesn't know what J.K. said about Transgender people and all the online harassment she did, look it up or discuss it responsibly and reasonably in the comments. 😊
If things do get out of hand, I will delete comments.
————————-

Moments later, Natalia saw Harry slam flat into the ground. His face was pressed into grass and had his eyes closed as the Portkey transported him.
Natalia stood up, expecting him to get up.

He did not move.

She noticed that Cedric was below him.
'Is he alright?' Natalia thought as Jae zoomed in on Harry and Cedric.
Harry's breath seemed to have been knocked out of him. He looked like he was going to throw up.
Natalia saw that Harry tightened his hold on the two things he was still clutching – the smooth, cold handle of the Triwizard Cup, and Cedric's body.
"Oh my god," whispered Jae as he looks at Cedric through his camera.
Natalia slowly looked over at the camera that is zoomed in on Cedric.
The color drains from her face as Natalia realized that Cedric wasn't breathing.
"HES DEAD!" Jae screamed, causing the crowd to go insane.
A torrent of sound deafened and confused Harry as people started to rush to Cedric.
There were voices everywhere, footsteps, screams ... but Harry remained where he was, his face screwed up against the noise, as though it was a nightmare that would pass ...

Dumbledore got to Harry first. He seized Harry roughly and turned him over.
"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore said shaking Harry.
'Please don't be dead,' thought Natalia as she started to push past students to get to Harry.
Natalia almost made it but Professor McGonagall held her back.
"Lemme through!" Natalia yelled as she tried to push Mcgonagall off.

Harry opened his eyes and saw that Dumbledore was crouched over him. Harry looked around confused. He saw the outline of Natalia trying to get past McGonagall and now Professor Snape.
Harry let go of the Cup, but he clutched Cedric to him even more tightly.
He raised his free hand and seized Dumbledore's wrist, while Dumbledore's face swam in and out of focus.
"He's back,"Harry whispered. "He's back Voldemort."
"What's going on? What's happened?"
The face of Cornelius Fudge appeared upside-down over Harry; it looked white, appalled.
"My God – Cedric!" he whispered. "Dumbledore – he's dead!"

Natalia started to cry more. Most tears were relief that Harry was alive but the other half was the realization that Cedric is dead; laying only feet away.
The words were repeated, the shadowy figures
pressing in on them gasped it to those around them ... and then others shouted it – screeched it – into the night – "He's dead! He's dead! Cedric Diggory! Dead!"
"Harry, let go of him," Fudge's said, as he tried to get Harry off from Cedric's limp body, but Harry wouldn't let him go.

Then Dumbledore's face, which was still blurred and misted, came closer.
"Harry, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go."
"He wanted me to bring him back," Harry muttered – it seemed important to explain this.
"He wanted me to bring him back to his parents ..."
"That's right, Harry ... just let go, now ..."
Dumbledore bent down and, with extraordinary strength for a man so old and thin, raised Harry from the ground, and set him on his feet.