Down The Rabbit Hole

-Keith P.O.V-

The bell to the diner chimes as a small black haired girl, a taller dark-skinned male, and finally the ginger haired man.
Keith instinctively put the diner menu over his face and watched as the trio sat at the bar.

"What is he doing here?" Cherry rolled her eyes and pulled the menu from my grasp. "It's a diner, he's probably hungry. Did you expect him to leave the country after he broke up with you?"

She had a point, I should've been ready to meet Pico in a public setting.
I studied Pico, he looked horrible, his clothes were disheveled, and his hair was windswept, as if he'd been running. He was slumped against the bar with his head in his hands.

I looked back at Cherry who was studying my face. "Can we please go, I don't think I can be here," I begged. She crossed her arms and frowned, "No, we are not leaving. We just ordered our food. Besides, he hasn't even noticed us, and if he does he's not gonna come over here."
"Cherry, please we can eat somewhere else."
"Nope, I already ordered what I wanted, we're not leaving."

Sitting back in the booth, I crossed my arms and pouted. I kept my eyes on Pico to see if he would notice us. If he did notice us, what would he do? It's just unnerving to see your ex in public. Even though he was the one that did something wrong.

Pico kept his face in his hands, while his friends stacked things on top of his head. They currently had stacked a napkin holder, empty milkshake glass, empty fry basket, salt and pepper shakers, miscellaneous silverware, ketchup and mustard bottles, and were now trying to top everything off with a plate.

Our food finally came, but I was having trouble eating. Cherry on the other hand was eating her burger and fries like it was her last meal. "You okay blue boy?"
"M'fine," I was still staring at Pico, lost in thought.
She nodded and took a handful of my fries.

Pico's friends balanced the plate on his head and started cheering, but the taller male elbowed the tower causing everything to fall. Which caused Pico's head to snap up and he looked around the diner, until his eyes met mine.

Shit.

He stared back for a second, then rubbed his eyes tiredly and looked away. Unwillingly, I pouted. I wanted him to do something, cause a big commotion, anything.
The manager came out in a fit of anger. She wanted to see who was responsible for the mess. She kicked Pico and his friends out and said they wouldn't be allowed back until they paid for their bill and everything they broke.

Pico didn't look back and continued walking with his friends. I frowned at my burger, I had secretly wanted something to happen. Inwardly, I knew it wasn't but it would've been nice.

Cherry nudged my shoulder, "What's up with you? Why were you staring at Pico?"
I didn't respond. I don't know why I was staring at the man who cheated on me, it didn't make any sense. Why did I want a reaction out of him?

"Please, don't tell me you still have feelings for him." She pointed a french fry at me, "Blue boy, he cheated on you, don't you remember that, you shouldn't be hooked up on him." She swirled the french fry in her milkshake and ate it, "If anything he should be still be thinking about you."

I frowned, per usual, she was right. I still shouldn't have feelings after he cheated on me, but they were there. Under the surface, my feelings for Pico were still there.