Chapter One

Pilot

'I didn't do anything this time!'

{Jayden's Perspective}

"Jayden Martha Kent! Get down from there now" my mom shouted from the backyard. Jonathan stopped practicing his football playbook to look up at me. Jordan, who was reading a book, also stopped to see me on the roof of the house dancing along with my music which was blasting through my speaker. "It's just some music Mom!" I shouted back over the music. Her face fell into pure anger, "Jayden, get down now!" She shouted back at me. "Oh my gods! Fine" I yelled back before climbing to my bedroom window with my phone and speaker in hand. On my way in I could hear my mother muttering incoherent phrases as Jonathan and Jordan walked behind her knowing it would be as Jonathan puts it, 'Better than actual television'.

I jumped on my bed as my mother came in and furious was not the right word to describe her face. "Jayden, what were you thinking!? Dancing on the roof like that, you could have gotten yourself hurt!" She shouted at me, her hands dancing around her head in frustration. 'Mom, I wasn't gonna get hurt, I wasn't drunk so I don't see what the problem was" I told her in a calm tone, causing my brothers to snicker behind her. "I don't care if you were invincible Jayden, you can't be acting like you're immortal. One day you're going to get hurt" My mom told me, calming down slightly, his hands now resting on her hips. "Look I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to scare you" I told my mom, feeling a bit guilty. She sighed, her hands dropping to her sides. "Just don't do it again, I don't even want to think what would happen if you got hurt" She said before walking past the boys,

"You got lucky Jay just as always," Jordan said, flopping on my bed next to me. I pushed him to the side, scoffing at the comment. "Sure says mom's favourite" I shot back, Jonathan also decided to flop on my bed making me squished in between them. "Great I'm squished between two smelly and idiotic brothers" I groaned, nudging them both with my elbows, "Ouch, and besides I know I'm mom's favourite" Jordan confirmed, propping his head up on his and to get more comfortable. "And Jonathan's dad's  favourite so I'm stuck being the fifth wheel. And it sucks by the way" I groaned, lying on my back next to my brothers. "Well you can be our favourite Jay Jay" Jonathan said, looking in my eyes. I shoved his face away, making a noise of disgust. "You know I think I prefer being the fifth wheel" I said, which was a huge mistake.

" Oh, is that how it is," Jordan said, his tone making me rethink my choice of words. The next thing I know, both boys are hugging me and tickling me at the same time. "Oh gods no! Stop!" I yelled trying to get out of their grasp. I kept squirming trying not to laugh along, yet I ultimately failed as Jonathan fell on the floor of my room with a large thud. I shoved Jordan over me to land on Jonathan before sitting on them. "Okay! Okay, we surrender oh mighty sister of ours" Jordan pleaded out of breath, trying to do a bowing motion along with Jonathan. I laughed getting up from my throne of brothers before helping them both.

"Boys! Jayden! Dinner!" Mom called, causing Jonathan to race out of my room. Me and Jordan shook our heads before waking down to the kitchen. I sat next to Jordan and mom, Jonathan scarfing down his food in front of me. "Gods, Jon slow down" I exclaimed, throwing a paper towel at him. He said something but with all the food in his mouth I couldn't understand him. "When's dad getting back?" I asked my mother. She froze for a moment before answering, "Soon sweetie" and that was always her response. Honestly, me and my brothers are so used to him not being around that sometimes I forget that he lives here.