Oneshot #3

Christmas Bug

Clark ran humanly towards Lois' car, seeing his adoring wife leaning against it

Clark ran humanly towards Lois' car, seeing his adoring wife leaning against it. Her eyes filled with relief as she saw her husband, thanking every star he made it. "What happened on the night before Christmas Eve? Toymaker have a bad day?" Lois asked, the stress of Christmas fueling her anger. "Robbery of a toy factory? How are the triplets?" Clark asked, looking behind Lois' back to see his children strapped up in their car seats.

"Fine, but Jayden has been complaining about her stomach. No puke yet but she didn't eat dinner" Lois explained, getting into the passengers side. Even after more than a decade of marriage Lois was hopeless when it came to driving to Smallville. Clakr was taken back, Jayden not eating was definitely strange. She had developed Clark's love of food and never ending appetite, the triplets also developed a slight immunity to common illnesses like colds and stomach bugs.

The drive thankfully wasn't as long seeing as the family left late at night. Clark had to stop at a pitstop to fill the car up seeing as his superman duties had stopped him beforehand. He made sure that the triplets and Lois were okay, the four now sound asleep in the car. Clark had to shut down Lois' computer as she had fallen asleep writing an article.

The triplets were sprawled out in the back, their seatbelts being the only restraint from them all cuddling together. Jordan had his head leaning against the window, his stuffed bear in hand. Jonathan was the same for only his teddy had fallen from his grasp. Then Jayden had her head back, dressed in a Supergirl Kara had gifted her. Her hair was everywhere for a five year old, CLark knew he'll need to brush it out before she actually goes to bed.

"Clark! I was wondering when you were gonna get here?" Tommy, the owner of the pitstop. "Same as every year Tommy, how's Alice?" Clark asked him, picking up a few treats for the triplets. Every year he would do this little tradition, make up goodie bags of christmas treats and the family would watch some movies with his mother. "Oh you know, Christmas Rage!"Tommy laughed, knowing the stress of the holidays. "Me and Lois are the same. When we were kids a book or a new toy would have done us. Jordan wants a piano, Jon wants football gear and Jayden wants superhero comics and action figures. Sometimes I wonder if she's actually a boy" Clark sighed, knowing his little girl was the most tomboyish child he's ever met.

"Your mother was the same. I remember when your father met her, he was shocked at what she could do. She's never been all sewing machines and baking cookies" Tommy laughed. Clark smiled at the comment. He was his mother's oldest friend and Clark couldn't say the man was wrong.

Tommy looked to the door, seeing a small girl holding a black dragon teddy. "Daddy?" The girl called out, gaining Clark's attention. Clark turned around, seeing Jayden look up at him. "Hey Rebel, what are you doing out of the car?" Clark asked, crouching down to his daughter's level. Jayden looked like she had been crying. "I had a bad dream and you weren't there when I woke up. I didn't want to wake Momma or Jon Jon or Jor Jor" Jayden hiccuped, holding her dragon close. Clark scooped her up in his arms, soothing her carefully.

He kissed her messy hair as she softly cried onto his shoulder. "It's okay babygirl, I'm here" He cooed, resting his daughter on his hip. "You must be Jayden, your Grandma Martha tells me alot about you" Tommy smiled gently at her.

Jayden only peaked through her hair, not muttering a word as she laid her head on her father's shoulders. Tommy only smiled at her. "Jayden hasn't been very well lately. Is that right sweetie?" Clark tried to help, brushing Jayden's hair behind her ear. Jayden nodded. "Momma says it's a tummy bug" Jayden whispered loud enough for Tommy to hear.

Tommy only gave her a bright smile. "Well then I have just the thing for a tummy bug! Your Grandma Martha made it for your Grandpa Jon when he got sick" Tommy began, walking over to the coffee machine. He stayed there for a few moments muttering to himself. Once he was satisfied he walked over to Clark and Jayden.

"Special Hot Chocolate for a very special Kent, on the house" Tommy smiled, handing over the small cup to the little girl. Jayden took a small sip, a wide smile replacing her frown. "It tastes like lemons" Jayden giggled, a warm fuzzy feeling erupted in her stomach. Tommy only smiled before winking at her. "Thank you, she's been in a bad mood for the last few days" Clark admitted, putting the basket on the counter as he held Jayden.

"Since the 21st? Your mother was the same at that age. Winter Solstice took place, makes the women in your mothers family act sick. It will pass by tomorrow, but let Martha take care of it. She always knows what to do" Tommy smiled, bagging up everything. "Now get this little princess to Grandma's and have a wonderful Christmas" Tommy ordered, not allowing Clark to pay for anything.

Jayden was strapped back into her car seat, finishing the hot chocolate. "Daddy? Am I in trouble?" Jayden asked him. "Not at all sweetie, want me to put on the radio?" Clark smiled back at her. Jayden nodded rapidly.

"Grandma!" Jayden squealed, jumping into her grandmother's arms. "Jayden, my sweet girl" Martha cooed as Clark held a sleeping Jordan and Lois held a sleeping Jonathan. "Come on Jayden, time for bed" Lois yawned. "Nonsense, she needs some medicine for her tummy. I'll bring her up after the boys" Martha smiled, taking Jayden by the hand. Lois, too tired to argue with her mother in law, just shrugged it off and walked in with her husband to put the boys in their shared room at the house. Martha had received a phone call just before her son and his little family came about the effects of the Winter Solstice on her granddaughter.

Martha pulled out a chair for Jayden to sit on as she brought her a drink. "Here you go sweetie" Martha smiled, sitting next to her. "It tastes like Daddy's special sundae" Jayden smiled, gulping down on the apple juice looking drink. "Now, why don't you go to bed and we'll make some cookies tomorrow" Martha smiled.Tucking the little girl into her bed, Martha sat next to her feet. "Goodnight Jayden, I love you till the sun freezes over" Martha kissed her head. "And when the moon burns" Jayden continued, cuddling up with her teddy and the blankets.

Martha walked out of the room, her eyes glowing a quick silver. God did she hate the Winter Solstice and the effects that came with it.