Chapter Five

The Best of Smallville

'Done staring Metropolis?'

Jayden walked through the fortress halls, looking at the many objects her father had hidden from criminals and villains. Her fingers brushed against the icy walls. Yet her hands weren't cold. Come to think of it, she didn't feel the cold at all. She took a deep breath and let it out. No cold air in sight. This wasn't right.

"Dad! Mom!" Jayden called out, turning around from the path she was walking down. "You are a danger to our family" Sam's voice boomed behind her. "You nearly killed your father!" Lois' voice continued, her face in pure rage.

Jayden brought her hands to her head. This wasn't real. "Are you sure about that?" Thaddeus stood before her, an evil glint in his eyes. "No one even noticed you were gone, that's how much they care" He spat, towering up over her.

Jayden woke with a start, feeling the new sensation of her fingers tingling with the white-ish blue light. She could hear Clark ready to come in if necessary.

'Calm down my dear' that voice spoke. Jayden jumped a bit, the voice scaring her. She was going crazy for sure. 'Calm the mind. Pretend the power is like a light switch and gently turn it off

Most people will get help about the voices in their heads but Jayden wasn't normal by any means.

She let out a breath, focusing on turning the light off. Slowly her veins began to bring the power upward before it completely vanished. Jayden looked down, noticing the usual blue in her hair was now almost white.

Opening the door, Clark only smiled at her seeing no visible powers in use. "I'm okay Dad, promise" Jayden sighed, kissing her father's cheek. "I know. I know" He admitted, just happy his daughter was safe and in some sort of control. The sound of an ELT took Jayden by surprise, still getting used to the sound.

"Grandpa. You should go" Jayden said, becoming more familiar with the sound differences between the three ELTs. "I love you" Clark said before he was gone in a blink of an eye. "Love you too" Jayden answered before letting out a sigh of relief.

...

Jayden huffed as she put the now empty corn stalk on the ground. "Harvest Fest?" Jordan asked, looking at his father in surprise."So, is that why you've been "Supermanning" all week?" Jon continued from his brother's statement, his disbelief clear as water. "So you free up some time to go to this?" Jayden finished before feeling her phone buzz next to her on the hay barrel she was sitting on. "It's a tradition! Goes all the way back to when Smallville was established in 1949. It's one of the best things about being here" Clark began to rant, sitting across from Jayden who looked up at him as if he told her the stupidest fact to the known universe. Jayden only rolled her eyes, looking back at her phone and typing away. "I have been hearing about this from your dad since we first started dating" Lois told her kids, noticing the small smirks on her daughter's face