Chapter Three

The Perks Of Not Being A Wallflower

'Are you two missing a couple brain cells?!'

{Jayden's Perspective}

Dad and I watched the hologram version of my Kyrptonian grandfather paced around the hologram x-ray of my body. "It seems that Jayden's body has allowed her Kyrptonian genetics to take control" Jor- El explained, hands behind his back, I think?

"Quite fascinating, I've never seen something like this since Jai-Van" The A.I mused. I looked at Dad, not fully understanding what Jor-El meant. Dad, however, looked just as confused as I did.

"Who is Jai-Van?" Dad asked him. A hologram of a woman in a silk white cloak, her hair was bright white yet she didn't look old she was as youthful as Dad.

She wore a silver and white version of Dad's emblem but as a shawl like dress with only a metal belt to distinguish her waistline. Her eyes were snow white as she held a large sword in her hands.

I looked at the woman in shock. I stumbled backwards, my stomach doing flips like a trapeze artist. "Rebel?" Dad called me, his eyes full of concern. I looked at my Dad, trying to think of the right this to say.

"I've seen her before" I told him, looking back at the hologram. "What? How have you seen her before?" Dad asked me. " I've been having these weird dreams about her fighting in a war. When I woke up, I had this urge to draw. I was actually finishing the drawing when I snapped at Mo..." I stopped myself from finishing my explanation.

Mom and I haven't actually talked since she pulled me on about my temper with Grandpa. I've mostly avoided her the best I could, seeing as Dad let Jordan and I go to school after he gave us both an ELT in case we needed him.

Dad seemed to know what I was talking about because he gave me a small smile before looking back at Jor-El.

"Father, how is Jayden like Jai-Van?" Dad asked, his voice becoming very formal towards the A.I.

"Jai-Van was a decorated war hero during the War against Daxam and Krypton. She was better known by her alias, Naer Van" Jor-El explained to us. I almost had a heart attack when he said the name of the woman I had been obsessing over for the past few weeks.

"Jai-Van was a hybrid of Kryptonian Blood and Rainia Blood. The Rainas were like us, but they relied on the powers our Red Sun provided. They gained abilities that allowed them to use the functions of the brain we had yet to control" Jor-El began.

"Jai-Van was your mother's grandmother. When she died at General Zorn's hands after protecting a group of Daxamite children, her body never rotted. Until I was born, my father studied her corpse to understand how she was able to change under the Red Sun. This is how we learned you and your cousin would be affected but the Yellow Sun, Kal-El" The hologram finished.