Chapter Six

Broken Trust

'Gods, I'm such a bitch when I wanna be'

"No, Natasha Romanoff is the only assassin worthy of my collage" Jayden scolded her mother as she glued an icon to an old large frame. "What? I thought the Winter Soldier was cute" Lois brushed off, typing away on her laptop. Jayden looked at her mother, eyebrow raised.

"You have a type" Jayden muttered, rolling her eyes at Lois. "Excuse me?" Lois asked, using her reporter tone. Clark, who had stumbled into the kitchen, perked up his ears. He knew that tone, and he also saw the smirk on his daughter's face as it mirrored Lois' own.

"Guy who is basically god but really is a total sweetheart with a burden they deem too heavy to carry but always prevails. Dad is basically just MCU Bucky Barnes without the trauma" Jayden shrugged, going back to her little project.

Lois looked at her daughter, slightly offended. "I am appalled you think I have a type. What about your Dad?" Lois challenged her daughter. Jayden rolled her eyes, "Off brand Thor" Jayden mumbled.

She continued to glue the pictures, ignoring her parents as they didn't enjoy her choices. She felt her skin tingle, like a sixth sense. She felt it before. It was like something was warning her.

'Tag, I don't know what–'

Jayden felt a rush of energy, the same energy when she protected Jon and Jordan against Tag. "Rebel, what's wrong?" Clark asked her, Jayden's bright silver veins making him concerned. Jayden tilted her head slightly, her eyes glowing a silver hue.

Clark could hear Jordan's ELT but before he could react, Jayden had stood up and rushed out faster than ever. Lois looked at her husband, feeling the wind from their daughter's movement. "Clark go!" She gasped, knowing he was the only one that could find a solution to the newest development in their daughter's abilities.

Jordan scrambled to the ground, not knowing why Tag was attacking him. Well, he did know, but he kinda hoped his Dad would get there soon. "Stay away from my brother!" Jayden's voice screamed, her voice echoing like last time.

Jordan looked up to see his sister's hands glowing bright silver, the light climbed up from her veins. She looks at Tag in utter rage, standing in front of Jordan very protectively. "Who the fuck are you?" Tag took a few steps back. "Your worst nightmare" Jayden spat, blasting Tag with her glowing hands.

Tag flew back, hitting against a tree as Jayden stormed up to him. "No one hurts my family" Jayden spat. She held her hand up, the glowing stopping as it climbed around Tag's form. Jayden lifted him up, the fierce glow in her eyes burning brighter. Jordan scrambled to his feet just as Clark landed in between the distance of Jayden and himself.

Tag was terrified, struggling to break free from Jayden's unusual grasp. Clark immediately saw his daughter walk closer to the teen, hearing her heart race. Tag began to use his speed, causing Jayden to become slightly dazed as the winds pushed her back. That's when Clark and Jordan saw that the youngest Kent was floating, mere inches off the ground. Tag ran away the moment the binds on him were gone. Clark looked to his son, hoping he could watch his floating sister while he tackled the other problem on hand.