Chapter 4

𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝐵𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒3rd person pov

Then sit down." Everyone in the room chuckled as Anne's body fell down into her chair. Lunchtime had finally arrived, and Althea sat at her spot in the circle of her new friends. She was lost in her own thoughts, not hearing half of the conversation the others were having. All she heard was the occasional giggle and a response from one of the other girls. After a while, Althea got bored and started to be lost in her own thoughts, so she decided to listen in on the conversation. "To this day, I don't know what to make of it. There were times I heard laughing, and it sounded like fun, but, there were times I was sure he was murdering her!" At Anne's part of the story, Althea heard, her face drained of color, only a tinge of red left on her cheeks."Either way, it sure mad Mrs. Hammond mad. And the next morning, more often then not, she would take after me with a wooden spoon." Althea's breathing hitched, and her piece of bread hit the floor. She stared at Anne in horror, as she was the only one who was aware of your situation.

The next day had finally arrived, and Althea had found herself sitting her table, her bread sitting on her plate uselessly. She decided to pick it up, noting Mr. Williams was absent from the table. She was probably at her work already, as she had told her, I need to keep this family stable, so get used to me not being here. A knock on the door sent her body to flinch slightly, the loud noise echoed through the kitchen. She groaned, rubbing her eyes ever so slightly. She had already gotten herself ready, yet a tiredness hung over her head like a dark, ominous cloud. She reached to open the door, smiling as she noticed the figure standing before her. She swung the door opening, revealing her father. She giggled, wrapping her arms around Mr. Williams body. He smiled into her hair, and Althea pulled away. "Oh my goodness-I'm so glad you're back!" He had been on a business trip over the last couple of days. She exclaimed, grabbing her books from of the porch and walking down the creaky steps, the dusty dirt billowing up a bit as her feet reached the ground. "I must be leaving for school, but we must catch up when I get home!"

1st personI rush into the forest to meet up with Diana and Anne, until I reach a certain point. I meet with my two new bestfriends, and head to the school house. As I walk in you see everyone crowded around a tall body, you couldn't help but notice it was gilbert, the boy from the train. I try to ignore the fuss and pretend I never met him. I have been warned that Ruby had already called dibs and you were new here, you really didn't want any drama. We were only aquatences for a few minutes, chances are he wouldn't remember me anyway.

As the class started to settle down, I found my way over to my friends, close enough to where I could hear the boys conversation. They were talking about the district of Alberta. But while her and the girls were walking away, she heard a comment from Gilbert. "The new girl?" as he turned to look at me, just as Tillie tapped her arm. She sent him one last glance before walking out of the school house. I had been harboring feelings for the kind boy since we met on the train, I would like to keep that a secret. Ruby is one of my best friends, and I would hate to hurt her like that.

As the class came to a finish it was coming to Lunch, it was my turn to collect everyone milk from outside and bring it to the other girls. As I was leaving, Gilbert came over to me and continued, "I'm Gilbert do you remember me?" I then continued to tell him that I do and that was the day you lost your favorite book."i must be getting to the other girls, see you later Blythe!" When I walk into the the school house you get greeted with a group of upset girls. "I don't know what you were doing Talking to Gilbert Blythe," I attempted to say something back, but I am cut of by Tillie "You can't talk to Gilbert Blythe, You can't even look at him." "Well see for yourself. Ruby has liked him for three years, she has dibs. AND YOU KNOW THAT!!" I turned to look at her crying friend placing a soft hand on her shoulder. "There, there, that nasty girl didn't know any better." "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to talk to him. It just happened. And other people were there too." Y/n sighed, not ready to explain this situation. "Me and Gilbert met once on a Train we didn't even talk to him ruby .And Ruby is okay with that, because I don't have a crush on him, Okay?" Everyone nodded, and my face flushed a little at how rude she sounded. "Well, don't let it happen again." "I won't, I promise." I respond, "I'll have nothing to do with him." I turned to look at Anne and Diana, before turning away to follow my best friends. I feel horrible, like she said i have done so many things wrong today.