Chapter 6

ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴀᴄᴇꜱGilbert's povshe started walking faster, but then stopped when she realized something, "I don't even know you, but now I don't real care anymore" Gilbert suddenly stopped moving, and he adjusted his scarf, clearing his throat. He seemed a bit flustered at her remark. She rolled her eyes, walking away and hitting his shoulders on the way. "A cute girl is a cute girl." She mocked him, turning around and glaring at the boy from the train. He smiled at her, but something was odd about hissmile. "Are you jealous, Althea Taylor?" This comment made Althea stop dead in her tracks, all of the color on her face draining completely. He now stood in front of her, exactly like she did to him. He was standing in the same position, his arms crossed and his foot taping on the ground. She took a deep breath, stuttering out a few words. "I-I-I-um, no I don't. That's ridiculous. Why would you even think of such a thing. We have only spoken like 3 times?" She muttered, lowering her head and walking past him. She took a deep shaky breath, her pace quickening as she heard him walk up closer to her. "Althea! Hey, Althea!" He yelled, placing a hand on her shoulder, she spun around slowly. She held a very grim look on her face, and she didn't let him meet het gaze. "I don't even know why you would think I like you." She whispered through gritted teeth. Her breathing was still shaky, she didn't want to reveal her feelings for him. She felt him staring at her hair, when he released her shoulder from his grip. "I don't know why I would think that, I am very sorry, Althea!"

3rd Person POVIt had been quite a few days since Anne had left the classroom after smashing her slate over Gilbert's head, and Althea seemed a worried about her new friend. Even if she had hurt her closest friend, she still cared for the freckled girl. And Althea had continued their usual schedule, walking to and from school together without reliving a single word of the words they exchanged that very day. "So, you're telling me you actually enjoy writing, Althea? You have never told methis before." Althea giggled, smiling up at her rather tall friend. "I prefer reading and writing over cleaning." Althea smiled, staring off into the vast fields of wheat. "You're and interesting girl Althea." Gilbert smiled off into the fog. "Oh, please, Gilbert. Just because I don't spend my spare time swooning over you and cleaning doesn't make me interesting." Althea scoffed, her books were held close to her chest, and a scarf hung loosely from her neck. "Not all of the girls swoon over me. " Althea shook her head, looking up to meet his gaze. She frowned a bit and tilted her head. "Please, Gilbert. Every girl has a small crush on you. It's unbelievable."

Althea giggled, stopping when he wrapped his hand around her wrist. She turned around rather quickly, her head was tilted slightly, and her eyebrows were furrowed. "Every girl has a crush on me? And how do you have proof?" He questioned her, and she stuttered over her words for a few seconds, trying to figure out the correct words to say. "Well, everyone says how dreamy you are, and how strong, and how kind, and how-" She was cut off by him releasing her wrist. "I don't believe you." He commented, sticking his tongue out at her, she smiled and ran up to the front of him. "Oh Gilbert, you are so dreamy." she mocked taking large steps backward to stay in front of him. He seemed to be thinking of something to say before it looks like an idea popped into his head. "Hey, Althea, did you want to know something?" he questioned, and she slowly shook her head, but he wasn't going to take no for an answer, "Too bad, I will tell you anyway. Charlie never stops talking about you. To me! And I'm your new best friend! Oh, Isn't she just so, pretty Gilbert!" Althea giggled, turning her body around her she was now standing next to him. They smiled at each other, as they enjoyed their morning and afternoon chats. Althea was lucky to have such close friends. "OH, please, what does he say about me." Althea laughed, staring down at the ground. Her gaze lifted up towards the setting sun, as she and Gilbert had been sitting on a tree branch for quite some time. "Do you see the way her hair glows in the sunlight, oh, and my personal favorite, she is perfect. She's like a caramel chocolate on Christmas.