Chapter 10: To The Wind

"Deep breath in... hold... and out..." Peace speaks slowly and quietly, keeping her eyes closed and her back straight.

CLive breathes in deeply and lets it out as she directs, trying to mimic her posture and keep his eyes closed as well, but uncertainty takes over and he peeks out one eye to examine her and question how she makes it look so easy. He sighs. "I don't think this is working," he says.

Peace frowns and opens her eyes to look at him as well. "Come on, you're barely trying. You'll get it."

He slumps forward. "But I don't—"

"Hush! I'm the teacher, here. Do as I say. Back straight and eyes closed. Trust me, once you learn to let go, it gets easier," Peace says and takes a deep breath.

CLive grumbles and does as instructed. He sits up straight again and closes his eyes. Peace smiles and nods. "Good. Now again, deep breath in... hold... out..."

He forces himself to try relaxing and listening to her, but the moment he thinks he starts getting the hang of it, Regan barges through the door to see CLive and Peace sitting cross-legged on the floor of the guest room with a circle of candles burning around them.

Regan tilts his head at the sight. "Are you performing satanic rituals in my house without my permission?" he questions. Peace growls and glares at him.

"No, we're meditating. We're trying, anyway. It doesn't help when everyone keeps interrupting," he states with annoyance.

Regan looks around. "But it's just me. Who else has interrupted?"

CLive sighs. "Liyah was just here less than an hour ago ranting about how Romeow has been stalking her from room to room. No clue what that was about." He shrugs. Regan laughs.

"Oh right! It seems when I based Romeow off of Tyrell, I may have forgotten to remove certain... aspects of his personality. Whoopsie!" He scratches the back of his head.

From the hallway, they hear rapid footsteps followed by shouting. "This motherfucking pumpkin-looking fat fuck of a cat won't leave me the fuck alone!"

Regan simply steps aside and holds the door open as Data sprints through and dives onto the bed.

"Close it! Before he catches up!" she shouts.

He quickly shuts the door and locks it, earning a sigh of relief from Data. "Thank fucking god. Maybe now I can take a goddamn nap without having dead mice dropped all over me! Regan, your cat's fucking broken!" she complains.

Regan scoffs. "He's not broken! He is a beautiful creature of the utmost grace and intelligence! You will do well to show him the respect he deserves!"

"Well, then you can take care of his graceful little 'gifts' he left all over the fucking couch!" Data shouts.

Peace growls and stands up. "Do you mind?! We're in the middle of something!" She glares at the two and clenches her fists.

Data looks at the circle of candles and tilts her head. "In the middle of what? Sacrificing CLive?" she asks and hugs the wooden pole of the bed's canopy.

Peace frowns. "No. We're meditating. According to Thor, CLive's stress has been affecting Edith, so I'm trying to help him relax." She crosses her arms.

Data slumps forward. "Oh," she says simply. CLive frowns at her.

"Hey, don't sound so disappointed," he says.

Regan looks to Peace. "I never realized you were into meditation, Peace! Is there a reason?" he asks. She rolls her eyes.

"Really? I have anger issues, you fucking dingus. I have to try something to prevent myself from murdering people for being annoying. Though right now I'm reconsidering," she spats.