3𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥

I was distracted when a strange yet pleasing scent reached my nose. It was making my mouth water and my throat run dry — it was enticing . Unable to resist any longer, I opened my eyes right when the fireworks had finally burst in front of us.

I was at loss of words. Not because of the beautiful burst of colors and sparkles that the fireworks had released, but because of the man that stood in front of us.

Standing in front of us was the most captivating looking man I had seen in my entire existence; He had a tall and masculine build, his nose was perfectly sharp and pointed, his orbs that were holding a piercing gaze resembled the golden hue of the sun, his lips looked so kissable that one would have to resist  the urge of pecking it, and his jawline was fairly well refined. He was exquisite beyond words.

Okay, that sounded creepy.

I noticed the glass-like barrier surrounding the three of us. I fathomed it was because of the protective charm that Miroh had given me. I looked back at the man, and saw what seemed to be burnmarks on his skin.

The barrier disappeared as soon as danger became absent around us.

❝Are you both alright???❞ He asked us, but his stare was focused on me. I could feel my cheeks heat up as he did so. I can tell that the scent was coming from him.

❝Don't worry about us, you should be worrying about yourself.❞ By the look on his face, I guess he failed to realize the smoke that were coming out of his body earlier.

❝I must go.❞ He hurriedly took off before I can even stop him. ❝Thank you for looking out for me child,❞ The vendor smiled.❝There's no need to thank me, ma'am. Anyone would do the same.❞ I replied with a shy smile.

❝It seemed like you wanted to buy my items from earlier..how about I'll give you the things that you'd like for free?How does that sound?❞

Our conversation was interrupted when Adan grabbed my by my wrist and dragged me away his fast pace of walking nearly made me stumble, ❝Whoa, slow down.❞

His face was filled with worry,  ❝Are you hurt anywhere?❞

I wanted to laugh at his reaction but I knew it wasn't the proper time to do so. I still couldn't get the man's face from earlier. There was something about him that piqued my interest. I was being urged to follow him. But given Adan's death grip, I can't.

❝No, I'm alright. Adan..there was something strange about that person in front of us earlier...did you see those smoke coming out of his body earlier??? I don't think the fireworks had hit him..❞

❝Smoke???❞ His eyes widened. I nodded as a reply. He started to drag me again, but this time faster. ❝Wait, wait, where are we going??? Slow down!❞ His behaviour was strange. More than a minute ago, we were all happy strolling around the streets, then the next thing I know Adan looks like something is coming for him.

❝It's not safe for us to be here anymore.❞

???

The smoke continued to seep out of my body, but this time, the trails were smaller. A few burnmarks also appeared around my arms. I swear if the barrier could've lasted around me for more than a minute, I might've turned into ashes already.

I turned left where an ally was located. There wasn't anyone here as of the moment except for me which makes it the best opportunity to enter the hide out.

As I continued to walk closer to the towering walls of the structure, my surroundings distorted.

Laughter,then, erupted behind me. ❝You look like shit, boss. What the fuck have you been up to?❞ One of my underlings spoke up.