10𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥

Behind the gigantic structures of the village was the bright vastness of the rising sun, its light was peeking from the spaces that separated the structures. Its light spilled across the terrain, accentuating the colors of the land amongst the shadows. No matter how far the distance of the sun was, it still managed to reach the furthest side of the world. It reminds me of our so called pursuers...despite of staying hidden for so long, despite of exerting the best we could to stay safe, somehow managed to track us down.

"Are the horses ready?", He referred to the horses that he had bought. He planned that we would travel through riding horses instead. It would be fast enough to take us there before dusk and shifting into his form as a beast would attract a lot of attention since it would enhance his aura, attracting several beings.

I turned to look at Cali who was wearing a cloak which reached past his knees. On he was carrying a bag containing things that would be of use to us. Cali was and is still undeniably badly affected by what we had found out last night. We were devastated by what had happened, we didn't see this coming. My eyes were still puffy, and my throat still ached from crying last night.

Cali didn't even shed a tear. He was more occupied on consoling me, but I knew well how it had badly affected him. I knew well how he's doing his best just to hide his tears in front of me..they're all the same, putting up a facade to show everyone that they're alright when in actuality, they're also breaking inside.

I simply nodded my head as a reply and followed after him. After mounting the horses, we started heading east where Mereille is located. The speed wasn't that fast, and it wasn't that slow either.

They've all been overexerting themselves to show that they're okay when they're not...and seeing them do such things..is frustrating. I want to comfort them whenever they're struggling as well but..they're hindering me with what they're doing. It's frustrating how they still saw me as a child who should be the one who's always being looked out for.

"..eil..."

"..Sol.."

"Soleil!"

I was snapped back into reality by Cali's voice. I was thinking too much to pay attention to my surroundings properly. He looked at me with a worried expression. "You look so lost, what are you even thinking about?"

"I don't think you're doing alright..."I spoke up, my voice nearly a whisper. The defeaning silence surrounded us once again until he answered, "Well..I guess we could put it that way," He chuckled, "Safety is almost in our grasp,  I don't want anything to be of hindrance on our way there..it's a waste of time to be mourning over someone whose death isn't certain yet ." Those emotions blazing in his eyes were different compared to his words.

I hope so too. I refuse to believe that the ring and that severed finger belonged to Adan...and yet..

I felt his hand rest on top of my head and ruffled my hair playfully, "Let's worry about going back first." He deadpanned.

How frustrating.

I let out a heavy sigh and trailed behind him quietly. Seconds and minutes had passed, our surroundings remained silent; Solely the sound of the trees being blown by the teaseful wind and the Melodies that were being sang by the birds. The place was filled by nothing but tranquility.

Until I felt something large and hard hitting my smaller body, knocking me off of the horse swiftly. "Aaackk..!!!"  I could feel the huge boulder slowly crushing my back and legs. The horse that I was once riding ran away in fright. Hoping that I would be able to push the boulder off of me, I mustered as much strength as I could and attempted to push it, only to feel a sharp pain on my back.