2𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥

I squinted my eyes as the rays of the sun managed to pierce it. I was already on top of the hill where Adan told me to wait for him. I felt my cloak being tugged from behind. I looked back to see the majority of the druids there. ❝We came to say goodbye..❞, Priam, the one who I assumed who tugged on my cloak, said.

❝Take care on your journey, Soleil.❞ One of them smiled warmly. I noticed the tense atmosphere, most of them seemed like they were forcibly putting up a facade and I didn't fail to see the younger ones frowning.

❝What's up with you guys?It's not like I'm gonna leave for a long time..❞ I reassured as I softly chuckled.

❝I'll be back before you know it.❞ I added, the corners of my lips curving upwards.

❝Ahem.❞ They suddenly cleared a path for somebody from behind. It was Miroh, our elder. He wore his typical spine chilling expression. Are those tear stains I see? I internally cackled at what I saw on his cheeks.

❝I don't want you causing trouble on your journey. Don't be such a headache to Adan. Okay?❞ Psh, you don't have to hold back elder, you can just say you're gonna miss me~

❝Pfft of course not. If there'sany one who's suited to travel the most around him, then its me!❞

He suddenly took out what seemed like a piece of jewelry from his pocket. He gestured me to give him my hand so I did. He placed it around my wrist and I recognized it as the bracelet that he would always wear, I heard its a protective charm. It was beyond beautiful, it never fails to captivate me.

It was made out of thin ropes with porcelain attached on each side with a baby's breath stored in a crystal in between the porcelain balls. There was also a small leaf trinket attached to it.

As if he read my mind, he said, ❝Keep it. From now on, this is yours. When the time comes, it will protect you from any harm.❞

❝It's beautiful...I can't take this..this is priceless..❞ As I retrieved my gaze from the bracelet back to him, I felt a chill run down my spine.

I could see it in his face. He was threatening me. How sweet of you elder, but it would be better if you had a smile on your face..

I never expected anything from him. Our elder was known to be aloof and distant towards anyone. He barely utters a sentence around us so what he did today was such a surprise.

❝O-on second thought, I'll keep it..I'll put it to good use..❞ I forced a smile. Then the most unbelievable thing happened right in front of my eyes. The elder smiled! The world must be coming to an end!

All of us stood there, baffled by the elder's expression until I decided to break the silence, ❝Thank you for giving me this gift, elder. I'll be sure to use this well.❞ His smile only grew wider and I swear I would freak out right there and then.

❝We need to go now!❞ I heard Adan shout from the bottom of the hill.

❝We'll be going now. We'll be back soon!❞ I bid my farewell with a wave as I walked away from them. They waved back, some of them bidding goodbyes and take cares but what caught my attention was the elder's face. For a split second, I saw a hint of sorrow and regret from his face or maybe its just my imagination.

It had been more than an hour since me and Adan have been riding the merchant's wagon. It was the only transportation available. Mereille would rarely get any visitors nor tourists since it wasn't that much of a popular place. There only a few passengers, I think there were only 9 of us in total, regardless of the merchant.

❝Are we there yet?❞ I asked for like the 100th time. I've been growing overly excited and impatient that I kept on moving around the carriage. I was lucky enough that the merchant and other passengers were nice enough otherwise I would've been thrown off the carriage already. ❝Yes. In fact. We're only a minute away from reaching that..❞