5𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥

Soleil dropped the rod from his grip, shocked at what he saw on the water's reflection. He kneeled down and leaned closer to the body of water, to confirm if what he saw was real. He was beyond shock at the moment. If what he previously looked like was an illusion, he didn't think that it would be possible. Holding out an illusion for more than a decade is impossible. Perhaps what he currently looked like is the illusion

Is this really me???Unbelievable...If he is able to hide these kind of thing from me, then he's probably hiding something more significant from me.

He stood up and hurriedly made his way to the interior of the cave and arrived to see the two older men bickering with each other. He couldn'tquite grasp what they were both talking about but he had a feeling that he was included in their topic.

He could see Adan's veins bulging on his forehead and neck as he argued with Cali. Soleil face palmed. I almost forgot..

He faked a cough to get both of their attention in which he successfully did. ❝
"Let us eat first." Adan said, and the three of them dug in into the grilled fish and soup that Adan had prepared when Cali was fooling off with Soleil on the cliff earlier. Soleil noticed the glances that Cali spared towards him. It was making him uncomfortable, though he simply kept on eating.

Adan notcied the uncomfort look on Soleil's face and decided to speak up, "Is something wrong?Perhaps the fish's texture?The soup's flavour rather?"

Soleil shook his head, "No, No. They taste great!I just have something on my mind.."

Adan looked at Cali. And his hunch was right. He could almost bore holes into Soleil's head because of the intense stares. Adan chuckled. "Stop that Cali, you're making him uncomfortable." Cali broke his gaze and formed a sullen smile. Thinking, Can I when he looks a lot like her?

It didn't take them long enough to finish eating. After they ate, Soleil washed the dishes.

"Adan. Now that there's nothing else that we're doing, why don't you spill the other details.?" Soleil suggested as he finished washing the dishes and sat in front of Adan and Cali.

Adan contemplated for a moment, thinking if it indeed was the right time to tell Soleil until Cali gesstured him to tell the youngster by nodding his head. For 16 years he had kept secrets from Soleil; about his origin, about his species, about his capabilities, his heirarchy..and even....

"Remember what I told you before..that I found you outside of Mereille 16 years ago?In fact It's another one of the lies that I've told you. Me and Cali were assigned to take care of you..by your mother.."

"I have a mother..?" Adan could sense the hint of longing in his tone. Soleil was confused when he saw the look on their faces changed into crestfallen expressions. Both of them hated the fact that they were giving Soleil false hope.

Cali replied, ❝You had one..❞

Had?Don't tell me...

❝She's probably gone..right..?❞ Soleil was quick to realize what Cali meant. ❝I'm afraid she is...❞ Adan did his best not to stutter. Cali patted Soleil's back gently.

Instead of showing a crestfallen painted visage, he turned to Cali and smiled,❝I look like her, don't I..?Is that why you were looking a lot at me earlier?❞

Cali let out a small laugh and nodded, slightly avoiding his gaze.

He's much more insightful than how I thought he is.

❝You're also younger than what I told you. You're actually 16, not 18. That explains the events that happened last night. The 16th year of existence of a being marks the revelation of their abilities. During such time, their body is vulnerable as their mana tends to constantly escalate and deplete. So skilled magic weilders would usually be called if a being would be coming of age since it would be dangerous if other beings are exposed to them during the period of the revelation.