7𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥

An orb by the colour of cerulean looked back at Euris as he studied his half-naked appearance on the mirror. Scars and bruises littered from his neck down to his torso; bandages were wrapped around both of his arms and his abdomen that prevented the blood from flowing out of his wounds.

As if the blemishes weren't enough to prove that he had suffered enough, a scar lied on his back; it was so wide that it covered his entire hind. It was caused during one of his spars with his father.

As a son of one of the most formidable and influential dukes in the empire, Euris knew he had a heavy responsibility to be shouldered. On top of it, he showed no exceeding affinity in magic which made the people around him consider him as a failure which made his father resent him; Their house believed that there was no place for a failure like him in the family, but thanks to his mother, he wasn't abandoned in return of pledging his loyalty to the house. It was kept as a secret

Starting from a young age, he had went through hellish trainings that would sharpen his skills. Despite that, he would always end up being mopped on the floor either by his brothers or father during their spars. He was nothing but a mere dummy to them and an asset that would later be exploited.

His handmaiden ,who was brushing his strands of gold spoke up, "..Your grace..it might be better if we tell the princess that you aren't feeling well..perhaps she would understand.."He smiled reassuringly at her, "I'm fine, Maya. It would insult her if I won't come.."She remained silent, knowing that she wouldn't be able to successfully persuade the young lord.

Euris was known to be a gentle and sweet child across the whole residence of De Lavalle. The servants were close to the child; and yet, they could only look at him in pity seeing his condition.

"My Lord, the carriage has arrived." The muffled voice of his butler, announced from the other side of the door. Euris stood up from his seat and wore his dress shirt. He was recently invited to the palace by the youngest princess; he assumed his fiancé wanted to spend time with him. For the third time in this week.

"You may be excused for the whole day, I won't be here for you to assist." He said to the handmaiden, walking out of the door. Heinz followed him in suit, both heading to the exit of the mansion.

Heinz opened the entrance of the carriage and Euris entered it, mouthing a "thank you" to the middle-aged man. "When would father be back?" He asked as soon as he remembered the latest war that his father had participated in. His aid was urgently needed, hence why he left without bidding a proper farewell to his family.

Despite what Euris had suffered through his father's hatred and disgust, the young man still had a place in his heart for his father. "Soon, my Lord."Heinz simply replied as he sat in front of his master. Euris smiled and nodded, now keeping his gaze outside the window of the transportation.

The sounds of a whip hitting against the horses commenced the carriage's movement. Massive trees were seen outside the window passing by, clouds could barely be seen in the sky and a flock of birds wandered across it. Euris occupied his mind with the sceneries he could lay his eyes on outside.

He wasn't neither in the mood to be bothered or bother anyone. The young Lord had already been too stressed for the past few days; he didn't want anything else to bug him at the moment. He would be getting an earful from his fiancé later on. This would be the best opportunity to calm his mind.

__________________________________________________

Idrille's palace was rather quiet today. Euris found it odd since almost every time he visits it, the place would always hold feasts. "The princess is in her quarters." A maid who was talking to Heinz answered. Euris nodded and lead the way to Idrille's room.