1.8

Sophia and Emerald were led to their seats by an attending waiter. Then they sat down and ordered their food.While eating Emerald got distracted when she noticed Sophia do something that resembled someone.

While eating, Sophia first separates the carrots from her food and didn't eat it. Emerald's twin brother used to do the same thing. He hates carrots and says they taste funny thus whenever they eat a vegetable dish with carrots in it, he always separates the carrots from the rest and doesn't eat it.

Suddenly, Sophia looks at Emerald and worriedly hands her a tissue. Emerald was bewildered at first, then she touched her face and realized that she is crying.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I didn't realized." Says Emerald as she wipes her tears.

"Are you okay Auntie? I don't mean to pry, but I am just a bit worried."

"I'm okay Sophia, there's no need to worry dear. It's just I... you reminded me of someone very dear... my only daughter." Then Emerald looked at Sophia with a gentle smile as she continued.
"I once had a daughter, but because of an accident, she got separated from us. She was our youngest and only daughter. And we love her dearly. You know... she has the same name as you.
And if ever, she was still alive. She would be the same age as you...
I apologize for worrying you... It's just... I just miss her so much. That's why when I saw you and noticed your resemblance, it felt as if my own Sophia was right in front of me."

"It's okay auntie. We all feel that way towards the people we love. I also feel sad whenever I think of my mother. You see, my mother is the one who raised me single handedly. Growing up, she is all I have. So when she left me, I was momentarily depressed. But I thought to myself that it is not what she wanted for me. So I strived hard and finally graduated. Though right now I am barely able to support myself... even with a college degree it is hard to find a stable job here in the city."

"If you don't mind Sophia. What is your current job?"

"I am a waitress in a coffee shop. I used to work as a cleaning lady in a restaurant hotel but had to quit it due to some reasons. Aside from that I also used to work as a sales lady in a branch store of a well-known jewelry company and was a small time office lady in a company for 3 months."

"Really? So you used to work in a jewelry store?"

"Yes, I did."

"How many years did you worked in it?"

"Three years."

" Three years... it's perfect! Have you heard of a company called Carista? It is a fashion company who also specializes in jewelries."

"Yes, I have heard of it and I had actually just submitted an application to one of it's subcompanies called Jaces jewels a few days ago."

"Really? That's great then! I am actually the owner and founder of Carista. And if you like it, I would like to offer you a job."

"Thank you auntie! I it would be a great help to me! I'll gladly take it!"

"Great! I'll prepare it once I get back. You'll just have to wait for my call."

"But I haven't given my contact details yet auntie. Do you want me to write it for you?"

" There's no need dear. You already added your contact details in your application, am I right?"

"Oh yeah that. Yes, I did. I forgot. Heheheh..."

"It's okay dear. We all can be forgetfu at times."

"Auntie, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go to the comfort room."

"Oh yes, go ahead dear."

Sophia then stands up and through the aid of a waitress went to the lady's comfort room.

While Sophia was in the comfort room. Emerald had someone get Sophia's spoon and changed it with a new one.

Word count: 670

Author: Thank you guys for reading my novel and thank you for those of you who voted!!! Your votes are greatly appreciated. Thank you!