1.7

Emerald's eyes widened and she was momentarily silenced as she stared at the young woman in her early 20s who looks 60% like her beloved husband and has the same shade of green eyes as her.
"It cannot be... " With wide teary eyes, Emerald looked at the young woman with hope and expectation.

"Here's your bag ma'am." The young woman extends the bag towards them which was accepted by Christopher.

"Thank you for your help miss?"

"Sophia, my names Sophia Walker."

"Thank you Miss Walker for your help."

"Don't mention it. I only did what's right. I gotta go now, do be careful the next time." Sophia turned her back on the two and was about to walk away when suddenly a hand stretched out and held her arm.

Emerald was momentarily shocked that Sophia has the same name as her missing daughter, though there are some missing details she can't ignore the fact that this was too much of a coincidence. So she got frantic when Sophia was about to walk away and held her arm on impulse.

"I...I haven't expressed my sincere gratitude to you yet. Can I invite you for  some tea or do you have anything that you need?"

"Thank you for the offer but I have to decline. You don't have to do anything afterall I only did what is right."

"No... please I insist."

"Well.. if you insist. Then I will take your offer"

Emerald can't describe the happiness that she felt when she heard her answer.

"Mom, the car is here."
Then two slick black car parked infront of them. The first car was ridden by three bodyguards and Emerald's secretary Barry Mores.

"Let's get inside Ms. Walker."

They all entered the second car.
Michael sat in the passenger seat, with Emerald and Sophia at the back seat.

"So...  Sophia...uhmm can I call you Sophia?"

" Yes, yes ofcourse..Go ahead, I don't mind."

"Sophia if it's okay I want to ask you some questions."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Where do you live? How old are you? Are you already working? What is your job? Which school did you graduate on? Are you living with your parents?"

"Wooah... Relax mom, don't pressure Ms. Walker with your questions."

"Ohh.. I..I am sorry Sophia.. It's just I can't help myself...I.. I just want to get to know you.. You see.. you remind me of someone...Someone I dearly missed."

"It's okay Madam."

"Aunt."

"Pardon?"

"You can call me Aunt Emerald."

Sophia smiled at Emerald, then with a dimpled-smiled she called...
"It's okay, Aunt Emerald."

Then and there, Emerald seems to see Sophia's face overlap with the very image of her young husband smiling with his dimpled smiled and calling her name.

"Mom, we have arrived."

Emerald snapped out of her mind and focused on Christopher.

"Huh? Ohh..Okay."

Sophia, Emerald and Christopher all got out of the car.

"Let's go Sophia, the food here are very tasty. I'm sure you'll like it. Christopher, are you not coming?"

Christopher walked towards them.

"I have to pass, I have a lunch meeting with a company president. I can't miss it. You two go instead and have fun. Two of the guards will stay with you."

"Are you sure your okay with only one guard?"

"Yes mom, infact I don't even need one to begin with."

Emerald looked at him sharply.

"Okay...I'm sorry... but really I'm okay with one mom. I'm gonna send you another car once I get to the office." Christopher smiled and kissed his mom goodbye. Then he got inside the car they rode on, and went away.

"Well that's that.. Come Sophia, let's get inside so that we can chat for a bit."

Word Count: 624