Chapter 7.

Hi.

How are you. 

Please tell me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as everyone was up, Bianca, Grover, Thalia, Asteria and I piled up in the back of the van. 

Zoe was driving. Maybe she had a drivers license? I honestly don't know. We were heading towards the Lincoln Tunnel, I looked outside and recognized Blackjack, flying after us with Percy on his back.

I was about to tell everyone, but Dionysus had grabbed Percy's foot and tugged him away. Where? I don't know. But I couldn't see them anymore, we were in the tunnel.

~~~

After some time, Zoe drove us into Maryland. Then she pulled over at a service station. I looked back and saw Blackjack almost tumble out of the sky. I had to hide a laugh so the others didn't think anything was up.

"Come on, let's go buy some snacks. Then we'll get back to the road," Zoe said and we all got out of the van. 

We walked inside, bought some snacks. And on the way out I noticed Percy, he was wearing his invisibility cap. But since I'm me, I saw him. I gave a smile, making sure it didn't seem too obvious, then followed the others out.

"Grover, are you sure?" Thalia was saying.

"Well... pretty sure. 99 percent. Okay, 85 percent,".

"And you did this with acorns," Bianca asked, like she couldn't believe it.

Grover, on the other hand, looked offended. "It's a time-honored tracking spell. I mean, I'm pretty sure I did it right,".

"D.C. is about sixty miles from here," Bianca stated. "Nico and I..." Then she frowned. "We used to live there. That's... That's strange. I'd forgotten,".

"I dislike this," Zoe said. "We should go straight west. The prophecy said west,".

"Oh, like your tracking skills are better?" Thalia growled.

Zoe stepped towards her. "You challenge my skills, you scullion? You know nothing of being a Hunter!".

"Oh, scullion? You're calling me a scullion. What the heck is a scullion?".

"Guys," I warned. "Come on. Don't waste time,".

"Alexis is right," Bianca stated. "We're wasting time. Grover is right too, D.C. is our best bet,".

Zoe didn't look convinced. But she nodded reluctantly.

"Very well. Let us keep moving,".

"You're going to get us arrested, driving," Thalia grumbled. "I look closer to 16 than you do,".

"Perhaps," Zoe snapped. "But I have been driving since automobiles were invented. Let us go,".

And we all got back into the van again.

~~~

We soon crossed the Potomac River and started to slow down. We were in central Washington.  We stopped a few blocks away from the Washington Monument. Zoe parked at the kerb. 

As soon as I got out of the white van, I looked around. Grover pointed to on of the big buildings lining in the mall. Thalia nodded, and the five of us (with Asteria) trudged off into the cold wind.

Right before I got in, I looked and saw the Manticore, and Percy. But what surprised me most was the seeing the Manticore again. But I then looked back, knowing that the fight will happen soon.