Quest 2. - Chapter 1.

Hello again!!

Hi.

Seeing as we have absolutely NOTHING to tell you...

(except that we do NOT own the story, plot, characters, such)

Let's get on with:

THE QUESTION THINGY!!!!

The First Person to Answer: SweetieAce

The Correct Answer (for now): 7.8 billion to 8 billion

Now time to start QUEST 2!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last thing I wanted to do on my 'break-away-from-the-Underworld-to-actually-take-care-of-my-other-siblings-and-make-sure-dad/Kronos-doesn't-rise' was going to school. But there I was Monday morning, the first week of June, Hades and Persephone acting as my 'parents' (they were acting as them from the Underworld, and this is just for the mortals) and sitting in Percy's mom's car in front of Goode High School on East 81st. 

Goode was this big brownstone building overlooking the East River. A bunch of BMWs and Lincoln Town Cars were parked out front. Staring up at the fancy stone archway, I wondered how long it would take me to get kicked out of this place.

"Just relax," I don't think Sally recognized me from our meeting years ago when Percy was just a baby, and if she did, she wasn't making any sign about it. We told her that I needed to find someplace to stay, and she was all for it.

"It's only an orientation tour. And remember, dears, this is Paul's school. So try not to... you know,". 

"Destroy it?" Percy asked.

"Yes,". 

Paul Blofis, Sally's boyfriend, was standing out front, greeting future ninth graders as they came up the steps. He reminded me of a TV actor with his salt-and-pepper hair, denim clothes, and leather jacket, but he was just an English teacher. He'd managed to convince Goode High School to accept Percy and me for ninth grade, despite the fact that Percy was kicked out of every school he went to, and that I was never to any school at all.

Percy looked to his mom. "You haven't told him the truth about us, have you?".

Sally tapped her fingers nervously on the wheel. She was dressed up for a job interview - her best blue dress and high-heeled shoes.

"I thought we should wait," She admitted.

"So we don't scare him away,".

"I'm sure orientation will be fine. It's only one morning,".

"Great..." I mumbled. Percy nodded.

"Yeah. We'll be expelled before we even start the school year," He said sarcastically.

"Think positive, you two. Tomorrow you're off to camp! After orientation, Percy, you've got your date-".

"It's not a date!" Percy protested. "It's just Annabeth, Mom. Jeez!".

"She's coming all the way from camp to meet you,".

"Well yeah,".

"You're going to the movies,".

"Yeah,". I smirked.

"Just the two of you," I added.

"Not you too Alexis!".

We both held up our hands in surrender, but I could tell we were all holding back smiles. "You'd better get inside, dears. I'll see you tonight,".

I was about to follow Percy out of the car when I looked over at the steps o the school. Paul Blofis was greeting a girl with frizzy red hair. She wore a maroon T-shirt and ratty jeans decorated with marker drawings. When she turned, I caught a glimpse of her face, and get hairs on my arms stood straight up.