Chapter 5.

Hello everyone!!

HIIIIIII!!!!

Wow... you've got some energy there, Scrach3465.

YEP!!!!!!

You aren't... I don't know... sad that school started or whatever?

NOPE- Uh well... I am... slightly... But the holidays were tiring, with my siblings being around all the time.

Ah... okay.

So anyway! Let's get on with:

THE QUESTION THINGY

We have decided that perhaps you guys want a new question.

AND we'll put it at the end of the chapter.

So you guys have to read- (unless they just skip the chapter) (Scrach3465!) the chapter then!

NOW ON WITH THE CHAPPIE!!!!

And we both hope you guys had great holidays!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hera... she was an unusual one I have to say. I mean, she did agree to marry her brother... (though that isn't too weird within the Godly Rulebook of What You Are Allowed and Not Allowed to do). But, I didn't remember her looking so normal. Of course, gods are usually twenty feet tall when they're on Olympus, so that makes them look a lot less normal. But now, Hera looked like a regular mom.

She served us sandwiches and poured lemonade.

"Grover, dear," she said, "Use your napkin. Don't eat it,".

"Yes, ma'am," Grover said.

"Tyson, you're wasting away. Would you like another peanut butter sandwich?"

Tyson stifled a belch. "Yes, nice lady."

"Queen Hera," Annabeth said. "I can't believe it. What are you doing in the Labyrinth?"

Hera smiled. She flicked one finger and Annabeth's hair combed all by itself. All the dirt and grime disappeared from her face.

"I came to see you, naturally," the goddess said.

I saw Grover and Percy exchange nervous looks. They knew that usually when the gods come looking for you, it's not out of the goodness of their hearts. It's because they want something.
Still, that didn't keep me from chowing down on turkey-and-Swiss sandwiches and chips and lemonade. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. Tyson was inhaling one peanut butter sandwich after another, and Grover was loving the lemonade, crunching the Styrofoam cup like an ice-cream cone.

"I didn't think—" Annabeth faltered. "Well, I didn't think you liked heroes."

Hera smiled indulgently. "Because of that little spat, I had with Hercules? Honestly, I got so much bad press because of one disagreement."

"Didn't you try to kill him, like, a lot of times?" Annabeth asked.

Hera waved her hand dismissively. "Water under the bridge, my dear. Besides, he was one of my loving husband's children by another woman. My patience wore thin, I'll admit it. But Zeus and I have had some excellent marriage counseling sessions since then. We've aired our feelings and come to an understanding—especially after that last little incident."

"You mean when he sired Thalia?" Percy guessed, but immediately wished he hadn't. As soon as he said the name of our friend, the half-blood daughter of Zeus, Hera's eyes turned toward him frostily.