Chapter 6

Y/n's pov;
"Greetings and a happy new year's, too each of you." The warden said, while standing at her post.

"Well, this is sure a large venue." Jyugo said.

"Feels like a party," Nico said.

"I never thought, that's what the warden looked like." I say with my arms around Uno, and Rock's shoulders. As they're helping me walk and keep balance.

"No one told me, the warden was a woman!" Uno yelled.

"She's beautiful" Rock said.

"Here at Nanba prison, we have a long standing tradition. A unique way of celebrating this holiday. Our new year's tournament will now begin." She said.

"A tournament?" I questioned.

"Wait, what kind of tournament?" Jyugo asked. The warden threw down a sign before someone came beside her.

"I will now announce the participants, selected to represent each building." A guy with white and pink hair said.

"Who does he mean by participants?" Jyugo asked.

"The new year's tournament is a event, in which inmates and officers from each building are formed into teams." Hajime replied.

"Each member of the team, that manages to win this tournament. Will be awarded with a prize." Seitarou said.

"And us guards are rewarded with a pay bonus. As each inmate will be able to select any prize of their choosing." Yamato said. I hear my cellmates gasp and ran towards Hajime.

"Hey! A little warning would be nice, if you let go of me, Uno! Rock!" I say, while trying to keep my balance.Seitarou came over and helped me. "Thanks, Seitarou.".

"No, problem." Seitarou said.

"Hajime, you gotta let us join bro!" My cellmates shouted. Hajime looked over at Yamato and said."Damnit, Yamato, why did you have to go and tell them!".

"Um, I should mention that, it's the Warden that gets to choose the participants." Seitarou said. We threw our attention back to the announcements.

"Representing building 13, we have cell 13." The announcer said.

"How's that fair!!" Hajime and Seitarou yelled.

"We clearly have good luck on our side." I say, as my cellmates laughed.Hajime and Seitarou looked at me. "Sorry". I chuckled.

"We better go and find our seats until it starts." Yamato said. Rock and Uno came back towards me, and helped me walk to our seats.

"So how's the ankle doing Y/n?" Rock asked, while looking down at my bandaged ankle.

"A little bit of the swelling, went down but I still can't put pressure on it." I said.

"Hajime," We hear somebody say beside us. We looked over to the left, and saw another guard carrying a staff. "I hear your buildings, getting representing by cell 13. My   condolences in advice for the loss.".