•12• Dogs and porch lights

Dedicated to Wuiwui86 for adding this book to their reading list ❤️

~De-crowning The Kings~

~All Rights Reserved~

~© 2020 Shmittylove_~

Getting the school hall ready for the dance wasn't at all that taxing

All I did really was; throw some white glitter on already sticky red and pink balloons, and make sure that the disco lights had batteries in them for Thursday.

Once I did that, I was free to leave. But the moment I stepped out of the school, it was pitch black dark outside. I knew I couldn't call my parents to fetch me because they left in the morning for some business trip. Amy was probably still having to deal with the China incident. And I really hate driving, so if I don't really need my car, I leave it at home.

But you need your car now stupid. My conscience scolded. Well I didn't need it then, but now I'm in quite a pickle.

Deciding it was best to just start walking, I begin my walk and scold myself for having gotten my hoodie soaked earlier on today. I take a left onto my street then come to a halt when I see my porch light on.

I look at it skeptically and brush it off, maybe it was left on and I didn't notice it because it's light during the day. I tell myself then continue walking. When I get to our big black gates, I notice they are unlocked, in actual fact, they are wide fricking open!

I look around the street and notice no unusual cars or figures, so I step into our property, and let out a sigh when I see my dog Prince running towards me.

At least I'm not alone.

Yes, because your two year old Jack Russell will protect. Lovely thinking El.

I lift Prince up, and he wags his tail so viciously that he stumbles in my arms.

"Hey boy." I coo, scratching his head.