Screw you

Sigh. What has my life come to...

"Come on now Charlotte, you should eat your cake," the devilishly handsome man opposite me said as he held out a fork with a piece of vanilla sponge cake on it.

"Very true, mother. You should always have cake with tea," his carbon copy son says.

Allow me to explain this little scenario. The devilishly handsome man with black hair and red eyes I mentioned before is the head of the Mage tower: Lucius Tiberius. He is my husband and also the most powerful man in this kingdom when it comes to magic. His son, Lucus Tiberius, is an identical version of him. Lucas is technically my stepson, as his real mother was killed by Lucius because she attempted to use baby Lucas to blackmail him. That obviously didn't go well for her...

Now, if you're wondering why I know all of these things when the origins of Lucas's birth was supposed to be a secret was... Because I read it. That's right, people. This is a novel where I am the evil stepmother of the villain AKA Lucas.
If you think that I was like any other reincarnated person and tried to turn the villains of this novel good... You're absolutely wrong. Here's how my wedding day went:

~flashback~

"Why, why, why, why, why?!?!" I half-scream half-mutter to myself.

I pulled my honey blonde hair in anxiety whilst trying to address this situation. I was just an ordinary girl just walking home one day, but then I got hit by a truck and now I'm inside one of my novels—the usual stuff. What I am ripping myself apart for is because of who I am right now: Charlotte Guivvera. I am the evil stepmother of the villain of this novel and I am supposed to be cannon fodder as the turning point for the villain. Yeah. Screw that.

How I know I'm the stepmom in this specific novel? Well, it's mainly to do with the big cake with the writing of 'Charlotte Guivvera and Lucius Tiberius' in fancy white fondant writing. And the girl on the cake looks just like me. So yeah, doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Not to mention the servants calling me Charlotte. Now about the Novel...

I am Charlotte Guiverra, a rich Maquis' daughter who gets married to Lucius Tiberius, who is known for being the most powerful and most handsome man in the kingdom. Charlotte married him to show how she bagged the best bachelor of the kingdom. Lucas came as a surprise to her, and she began to hate him because he was living proof that Charlotte didn't conquer Lucius first. Lucius married Charlotte because he needed a title in order to conduct business better and Charlotte fit the description.

Lucius dies two days after he married me due to one of his potion going wrong. Apparently, he added too much mugwort instead of adding tewperg. After that, Charlotte went crazy with anger that he died before she attained his body and for some reason, blamed Lucas because he was the constant reminder of her failure. She abuses him until he turns 13, where he finally had enough and splattered her organs on the floor (while she was still alive) and let the dogs eat me.

Alyssa was unlucky enough to witness that gruesome scene and as she was trying to run away, Lucas caught up to her and kidnapped her in order for her not to tell anyone what he did. This was because he wanted it to look like an accident so he can inherit the title without any inconveniences.

Lucas, having never experienced proper love, becomes obsessed with Alyssa and locks her away. Lucas mentally and physically abuses Alyssa with his weird twisted love. He locked her away in the farthest room with chains. She was dressed in the most amazing clothes but she always had chains or a collar on. When he's 20, he's already committed countless crimes but had gotten away with it.