Wild Cat

I stare at the lifeless body in front of me. It was raining, but I didn't get wet. Soon, a cloaked man began walking to me. He knelt down beside me on the side of the road, looking at the body.

"So, how did it happen?" he asks.

"Car crash," I respond.

"You weren't looking where you were going?"

"No, they purposefully did hit me."

"How long has it been?"

"Just a few minutes, but it took me half an hour to die. That time was the most painful." The cloaked man sighed as he sat beside me.

"Sorry it hurt so much," he says.

"It's not the pain of getting hit that hurt. It's the pain that I knew they saw me and swerved to hit me, and the fact that at least four people passed me without looking at me."

"Not one?"

"Only one, but he pretended not to see me."

"Any loved ones missing you?"

"One wife, three children. I was on my way home to them, they were waiting for me, I guess they won't know I'm not coming back..."

"Want me to pass them along a message?"

"No. I want them to live their whole lives without seeing you. We all know that if you come then you won't leave without taking us with you."

"Heh, that's true... But I feel sorry for you, so I'll put in a good word for you for your next life."

"I only want one thing for my next life."

"And what's that?"

"No matter if I'm poor or rich, I want to be with my family again. Whatever shape or form that may be in," I say.

"Is that it?"

"If possible... I don't want to be a human. They're evil and selfish. They're stupid and greedy. And they're reckless and insensitive. Like those humans who killed me. They thought that just because I was a cat that I didn't have a family too."

"Very well, now shall we?" I hop into his arms as he begins to walk away from my body. As he does, I see a human walk up to my corpse. She stares down before picking up some wildflowers and placing it on my body. I smile. That one human showed me mercy once I was dead.

Good luck to her life. Let's hope I don't see her any time soon...

Based this off of a tiktok I saw and decided to put my own little spin on it. Its a really short story I know but I just wanted to write it.