Killer love

I sigh as I look out the window, thinking about my life so far. It seems like only yesterday and not five years ago when I destroyed that damn organisation, and now I'm sipping some hot chocolate while looking at the ocean. I smile as I remember the life choice that got me here...

~Flashback~

"I don't get it Star, you were the best agent we had in this organisation, well on your way to becoming an executive, so why did you do this?" Zero asks, hovering over me.

I laugh, half-coughing as I spit out some blood near me. "Exactly that, I was the best agent, and I still would've been if I had completed my plan," I say.

A beam crashed to the ground, burning. This whole building was burning to the ground with dead bodies everywhere. I was on the ground, wounded with Zero standing on top of me, his gun aiming for my head.

"You don't make any sense, not that I care now, you're now branded as a traitor to the organisation which means I am now the best agent," Zero says.

"Well congratulations, I was planning to let you have it anyways, that title wouldn't have been mine in the future, I just accelerated it."

"Again, you don't speak clearly."

"Do you wanna know why I destroyed HQ and the database? Well, it's because I was such a talented agent that I managed to hack into the database and discovered some very unsettling news."

"... Explain..." Zero says, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Guess you're dying to know, well I'm literally dying anyways so might as well let you in on the big girly secret we female agents had. Two words: Breeding program."

"What?"

"You heard me honeybuns, breeding program. Even if I was the best agent in this goddamned organisation, I was still a girl in the eyes of the heads. They thought, 'Wow, she's amazing, her skills are extraordinary, what will her children be like? Ooh, let's find out right now! How about we mate her with the best male agent to produce the ultimate agent!' at least that's what I think they would've said because I didn't stop and ask. It was all there on the database."

Zero only stared at me, as if signalling me to continue.

"And you know the best part, as soon as they got that idea for me, they started thinking about getting all the female agents pregnant to produce the ultimate army of obedient assassins. And if this plan worked with the first few kids, there'd be no end to it, we would've constantly been forced to breed out little soldiers only to watch them be used as pawns. Imagine that, 18 year old me having to be used as a breeding machine."

"If you knew all that then why didn't you just run away? You would've indeed gotten out of their clutches." Zero asks.

"And let my fellow female colleagues be resigned to that fate? No chance in hell, I'm not a guy. I told them all what was going to happen and helped them. I destroyed all the data on the female workers and killed over 90% of the top male agents. Right now, the girls should be scattered across the world, some hiding in plain sight and others may be taking a nice trip to Antarctica. I gave them freedom, something that they would have never had if I hadn't done this. You know it better than I do that ex-agents always get silenced, but now... they'll never find them," I say proudly as I laugh at what I've done. It was so amazing that I was almost moved to tears.

"So what're you gonna do now Zero? Even if you kill me, the organisation's done for. I went the further mile and delivered all of their information to the police force, I bet there's a full-scale investigation being launched right now."