Oh well

It was a gorgeous place, with gold trims on every surface and chandeliers made from crystal. Right next to me was my childhood friend who was dressed in the same rags as me. In front of us was an exceedingly handsome man with a scowl on his face, looking at us. 

"I won't kick you out. I'll provide for you with anything you want. All you have to do is stay within these walls," he says. Without thinking, I nodded. Ryllis, on the other hand, had a frown on her face. 

"Do you think I would ever listen to fae scum like you. return us to our village!" My eyes went wide as I look at her in bewilderment. 

"She-she doesn't know what she's saying. Poor girl is hungry, please allow us to wash up," I say, covering her mouth. The man in front of us nodded slowly, before a door opened by itself, the candles lighting the way. 

"Follow the candles, this mansion will serve your needs. Dinner will be in three hours," he states before leaving. I dragged her down the corridor to where a stunning room filled with luxuries stood. My mouth nearly dropped as I took it all in. 

"How could you silence me like that, Amara? We're right in the depths of the beast!" Ryllis questions.

"You're right, let's talk about that after we have baths. Look! I see soap!" I beam as I rush towards the bathroom. It was humungous, with steaming water and fresh smelling soaps. I smelled lavender and rosemary and many other herby scents I would ordinarily have to fast for a year to afford.

The bath was also relaxing, with the objects themselves coming to help me, I felt like I was in a dream. I bathed and dressed in a beautiful soft purple gown, with the hairbrush combing itself through my hair. As I looked back, I also saw Ryllis emerge from the bathroom, looking for something. 

"The clothes are over there, Ryllis," I point to wards the separate room which apparently is a closet. 

"I'm not wearing that, where are my clothes?"

"I think I saw a hangar take it away. Who cares, they were tattered and soiled, just wear some new clothes," I say. 

"No, they were my clothes! Sure, they were tattered and ruined and have been worn for six years straight without wash but they were mine!"

"Ryllis... that's unsanitary. Why would you wear those clothes after finally taking a bath. I know I haven't taken a bath for a good time and even then, I had to use cold water. This is heaven," I say. 

"How can you say that! He stole us! Now he's washing us of our village!"

"Well you did hunt and kill his friend, at least he's not tearing you up limb from limb," I say.

"We must escape, Amara! We must go back to our families!" 

"You... wanna go back to the hovel? Are you kidding me?"

"Its where our families are! Where your parents are!"

"My parents would be happy that I've finally taken a hot bath. I'm not going back, besides, if I did then I would have to marry that fishmonger. I'd much rather stay here for the rest of my life."

"Even when you cannot step foot outside the estate?!"

"I won't question it. Seems like too much of a hassle. Curious, who's she? I only know contentment. And boy am I content. Speaking of, dinner is about to start. Hurry and change and let's go!" I say, looking back into the mirror. My hair was done beautifully, with the half bun looking like a rose and pearls being adorned on. 

Ryllis begrudgingly chose the plainest grey outfit she could find and fought the poor hairbrush to do her own hair. I roll my eyes before we both made our way to the dining hall, being led again by the candles.