Your Fault

"Mina Brenton, you are standing trial today for the murders of high priest Henson, Holy priestess Caylene and the top mage Ferston. Although you are the saintess who was called upon us by the heavens to save our world, you have committed such treacherous deeds, how do you plead," the King of Ulkerns, says to Mina, who was on the floor, shackled.

" I don't plead at all. It's obvious that I killed them, but I don't feel guilty about it,"Mina says.

"How could you still have no remorse over what you did?! Those people had families and lives to live!" First Prince Nicholas shouts.

"What about me?" Mina speaks up.

"What do you mean? What about you?" The prince asks, confused. 

"What about my family and my life back in my world?" Mina asks.

There was silence...

"Are you at a loss for words prince? I said what about my life? You people summoned me into this world to save it, not caring about my feelings in the process. I never asked for this saintess title! I had a family too! I had a mother and a father and I had younger siblings! I had friends, a pet and a boyfriend! But all of that was taken away from me in a second because you guys valued your lives over mine!" Mina screamed.

"W-we were going to die without you! We needed you in order for us to not die!" A priest tries to argue.

"Then just die! That isn't any of my problem! Why should I have to sacrifice my life and happiness for yours? I don't know you, I never wanted to know you but yet you decided that sacrificing everything I loved was only minor compared to what was at stake. I hate people who sacrifice a few to save a lot, especially without their consent. It's not a sacrifice because you didn't ask me whether I wanted to give up everything I knew just to teleport to a new world and live there And when I did teleport here, you all made the decisions for me. I was little more than a puppet. No one ever cared about my feelings!" she screamed again, her voice aching with pain.

"But you could've married the prince! You could've been queen!" Another priest says.

"Did I ask to be queen? No! You guys practically forced me into an engagement with that damned prince who couldn't keep it in his pants! He slept with any girl who had a half decent face! That was another thing you guys forced me into, saying that being queen was an honour and ultimate happiness for any woman. I wasn't happy! I was never happy! But no one cared, did they? No, they only did what's best for them..."

"Even so, why did you murder our top  clergymen and mage?" The king asked.

"Isn't it obvious? As soon as I heard that this ritual was a normal thing that has happened before, I realised that I wasn't going to let some other poor girls be thrust into this selfish world. And so, I found out who knew how to perform the ritual and killed them all. They can take that goddamned summoning ritual to their grave. This suffering shall end with me," Mina explains. "And if I had a choice, I'd do it all over again."

"Mina, we could have talked this out, you didn't have to do all this," an apprentice priest, Simrah, says with a sad look.

"What would that achieve? My opinions would always be heard but no ever really listened. No one understood and respected my opinions and decisions. Even you, who knew how much I hated being in that temple, yet you vied for me to be saintess of all things! Because that would give you a promotion! It's always about you guys!" Mina said histerically.

Simrah could say nothing, she couldn't refute the truth.

"So what are you gonna do Mr King? I'm perfectly happy whether you kill me or not, I was already dead from the moment I was told that I couldn't go back to my world. But whether you like it or not, I'm the only saintess you will ever have. Ever. That doesn't necessarily mean that I want you to spare me, I just want to rub in what I've done," Mina says proudly.

"I..." The king hesitates, clearly not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, the prince speaks.

"Your majesty, please make a wise decision!" A retainer says. 

"Please make a wise decision your majesty! For the citizens!" Another said. 

Suddenly, the King stamps his foot, implying that he has made his decision... Suddenly, Mina started laughing.

"Quiet you criminal! The King will sentence you now!"  A guard yells.

"I've just realised something..." Mina mutters. "If I die... then there's a very high chance that I'll be reincarnated!" 

"What on earth are you saying?!" Simrah questions. 

"Think about it, since something as outrageous as magic exists... then why shouldn't reincarnation exist? And if that's the case... then if I die, I can be reborn without all these damned memories. I can start anew..." 

The King, realising what Mina intended to do, immediately jumped up. "Guards! Stop her!" But it was too late. Mina had bitten her tongue so hard, she spat it out, dismembered. Everyone was shocked at her actions. The guards were too stunned to move.

"Quickly! Heal her! We cannot let the saintess die!" The prince shouts. Simrah slid onto the floor and attempted to heal Mina. However, there was too much blood coming from her mouth. 

"She's bleeding out!" Simrah cries. As the members of this world crowded around Mina, attempting to save her, she mouthed her final words.

"Fuck you... have fun dying," she mouths as she smiles... her eyes shutting. Those eyes never opened again... As soon as she breathed her last breath, lightning was heard. Everyone looked outside the window and saw an unearthly hurricane forming.

"The saintess is dead! We're doomed!" A guard cries. Everyone was thrown into panic, and the King, who was frightened himself, could do nothing but shiver in fear with his son. 

Meanwhile... back on Earth... Mina was reborn. Her new name is Maddie, and she has no recollection of her past life...

What do you guys think? I keep reading about girls getting sent to another world and they normally accepted it because they had no real reason to go back. But I wondered, what if someone loved her other life and hated the one age was forced into. This is one of my darker one shots, but is still one of my faves. I like the evil characters more.