Hansel and Gretel

Fairy tales are widely known everywhere. From a girl whose true love found her by the size of her shoe to a certain red-haired mermaid... All the fairy tales are told in the point of view of the main characters. Very good-looking people who've had a hard life with their mean families and wait until they find true love or something close to it. 

Now, there are also fairy tales that revolve around family. It could be like with Pinocchio or... Hansel and Gretel. Most people know the story of Hansel and Gretel:

Two kids left by their dad in the forest with some bread because of mean old step mother who is too greedy to take care of her step children. The kids try and leave breadcrumbs as a trail but birds eat them and yada yada yada they find a nice-looking candy house in the middle of the forest. 

They decide to eat a bit of the house because they were hungry and the witch living in the house invites them in, captures Hansel and Gretel, and tries to fatten them up to eat them. Of course, this doesn't happen and the tale ends with Gretel pushing the witch into the oven, stealing her money and running back to their father who has kicked out the step mother and they live happily ever after...

Yeah, that seems all happy and wholesome to most... if it weren't for the fact that I was the witch in that story.

Hi guys, my name is Liorit, the witch of the Hames Forest. I was originally a human in a world called Earth, but I don't remember anything about who I was except for the fact that I had read this book. It didn't really bother me because I got to be an all powerful witch with good looks and immortality. 

I've actually been living in this new world called Zele for about 367 years now, so I've become completely accustomed to the way of this world and all of its cultures (I did some travelling about 89 years ago). 

I originally had no idea that I was reborn into the world of Hansel and Gretel. I just thought that having a gingerbreaded candy house was cool so I decided to make one a few days ago. I change my style every ten years or so.  (Last style was an upside down wonderland themed house)

What made me realise the fact that I was the witch in Hansel and Gretel was when I was coming back from herb collecting and see half of my house on the ground, munched into crumbs. 

You can imagine how pissed I was to see the house I spent weeks baking and creating, destroyed in less than an hour of me being gone... What's worse was that the perpetrators were still there, chewing on my sugar-glass windows. 

When I turned the corner, I saw two kids: One boy and one girl. 

"This is delicious Hansel!" The girl cried out as she broke my candy cane frames.

"Try this Gretel!" Hansel said as he pushes my doorbell to her. No... not the gumdrop doorbell...

"HEY YOU BRATS!" I screamed as I dropped my basket of herbs onto the floor. The two took one look at me before screaming and trying to run away. Of course I didn't let that happen.

So now this brings you to the present. Currently, I am sitting on a chair with my arms crossed, glaring at the two kids who I locked in a rock candy cage. Gretel was cowering behind her brother and Hansel was trying to act tough even though he was shaking in fear.

You may wonder why I don't just let the kids go on their merry way and not act like the evil witch of the story. The thing is, I now sympathise with the witch. The story mentioned that Hansel and Gretel nibbled a bit of the witch's house, not the entire freaking foundation!

Of course she'd be mad! I'm trying my hardest not to boil these kids alive for ruining all of my hard work! 

"Hansel...we're doomed. The witch is going to kill us!" Gretel cried.