Chapter 4: Return of the Gladiator

"Great job training today guys! We are really getting the hang of Voltron.", Shiro applauded his teammates as they all walked into the dining area.

"Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken down alien ship? Like a mile?", Lance bragged.

"Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match.", Keith said sarcastically.

"Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it."

"Um, your kick ruined our balance and we fell.", Phoebe chimed into the argument.

"Pheebs, you're supposed to have my back. And besides, that falling part was Hunk's fault."

"Hey!", Hunk said defensively.

"Alright! Focus your energy on fighting Zarkon!", Shiro tried to break up the fight.

"Hello guys! How was the Voltron workout?" Coran said cheerfully as he walked in, holding a covered platter.

"We're getting there. Are you and Allura almost done fixing the castle so we can leave this planet?", Shiro asked Coran. "I feel like we are sitting ducks here on Arus.

"Just about. In the mean time, to take your mind off of those duck seats you are worried about I made you an authentic ancient paladin lunch." Coran lifted the cover of the platter, revealing a green blob with little yellow noddle blobs spilling out of it.

"Ugh, that smells disgusting!" Phoebe pinched her nose to try and block the odor.

"I know! That's how you know its healthy.", Coran replied.

"Coran, we are on a planet with fresh herbs, spices, whatever this plant thing is." Hunk had a plant in his hand that he had found earlier during training.

"Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go back to the kitchen and spice things up." Hunk left the dining room and headed back to the kitchen.

"Where's Pidge?" Phoebe asked.

"He's probably checking on those prisoners we saved from Zarkon. They'll be waking soon in the infirmary.", Coran replied with a mouthful of the mystery food. Phoebe and Shiro got up to head to the infirmary.

"Open the hatch. Food plane coming in. Vroooooom." Coran held the spoon, trying to get it into Phoebe's mouth.

"No. Just, no."

Phoebe and Shiro walked into the infirmary and saw Pidge sitting on the steps, feet tapping.

"You are as anxious as me.", Shiro broke the silence.

"These aliens we saved know something about my family. They have to." Pidge said, hopeful.

"I hope they do." Shiro replied.

"They recognized you, didnt they? They called you champion. What does that even mean?" Pidge asked him.

"Champion? I remember that name." Phoebe thought to herself.

"I dont know. I dont remember much from that time. But the way those guys looked at me, I dont think I want to find out." Shiro looked up as the healing pods the prisoners were in started to open.

"Wait, I recognize this one . . ." Phoebe pointed to one of the unconscious prisoners.

All of a sudden the castle alarms sounded off. Phoebe left Shiro and Pidge to go see what was going on.

"What is happening? Why are the alarms going off?" Phoebe looked up at the security screen Allura had pulled up, showing a little creature outside of the castle. "What is that?"