Chapter 16: Its All Coming Back To Me

"Phoebe . . ."

She opened her eyes to see nobody there. All she could see were the four walls of her cell.

"Phoebe"

She heard it again. She tried to stand up, but her legs were too weak from her fight. She fell right back to the floor.

"Dont get up just yet."

"Who is there?" She looked all around her, but she didnt see any guards or Galra soldiers around.

"Dont you recognize my voice?"

Come to think of it, she did recognize it. A voice she hadn't heard in a long time. She tried to get up again, but her legs gave out and collapsed to the floor.

"Easy now, easy. Let me help you up."

All of a sudden, she could feel a hand gently grabbing her arm and lifting her back up. She looked up to see who it was. When she did, the very air in her lungs seemed to disappear.

"Hello my little juniberry," the Altean man said with a warm smile," it's been a while."

"D-dad? How are you . . . Am I. . ."

Phoebe couldn't fully process what was happening.

"Yes, its me. I'm here because you seem to be in need of assistance, although I'm not actually here. I'm just a vision you are having as a result of quintessence poisoning. And no, you arent dead. Not yet."

"Quin-quintessence poisoning?"

"Yes. Thankfully it's not too bad, yet."

Phoebe looked over the man, still wondering if it truly was her father. His clothing was blue, and it hung lose around his neck. His brown hair was tied in a ponytail, the same color of hair Phoebe had. His blue Altean marks layed just underneath his green eyes. She couldn't believe it, it was him. Just as she rememebered.

"Now Phoebe you must listen to me. If the druids continue to poison you, I'm afraid the damage will be too severe to heal."

"But I cant get out. I-I've tried to get out, I just cant do it."

"Look at me."

Her father lifted up her chin, his green eyes now looking directly into hers, only now her eyes were glowing white, along with her Altean marks.

"You can do it. When they take you to the chair, that will be your chance to run. You need to run and defend yourself. Someone will come to take you away from this horrid place."

"Who? Who will come? What are you saying?"

He stood up and turned around to exit the cell, but he turned back around to look at her again.

"I will always love you Phoebe, and I will always be there for you. Remember that."

"Wait! Dont go!"

She stood up and ran to the cell door, but he was already gone. She could feel her eyes turning back to their normal shade, and her Altean marks becoming hidden once again.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a few sentries and a Galra solider.

"Time to go", the solider said as he grabbed onto her arm.