Chapter 7: Truths Revealed

"I cant tell if he is comfy or not.", Phoebe worried as she looked at Lance, who was still unconscious in the healing pod.

" I think he's breathing weird." Pidge added.

"Oh come one!", Keith tried to tap the screen, but Allura smacked his hand away.

"Not yet! Just a few more ticks.", Allura snapped at him.

"How much better do you think he is going to get in a few more ticks?!" Phoebe snapped back.

"And what exactly is a tick?", Pidge questioned.

"You know, a time slice." Allura explained.

"Like a second?"

"W-what is a second?"

"Like this." Pidge pulled out a timer and showed the princess what a second looked like.

"Hm, I'm not sure. I think a tick is bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?"

Coran pulled out a ticker and held it against Pidge's timer.

"I think a tick is slower.", Phoebe said as she carefully watched the timer and ticker, fascinated at the difference.

Coran and Pidge started their ticker and timer at the same time to better compare the two, everyone now hovering over their shoulders.

"Yay! I think we are winning!", Hunk cheered.

"Winning what? The intergalactic time measuring competition?", Keith asked sarcastically.

"Yes."

"Aw, you guys having a clock party?" They all heard a groggy voice say.

"Aw Lance, you just ruined it . . ." Phoebe began to say, but then realized who she was talking to. "Lance!"

"What happened?" Lance asked, his mind still foggy.

"We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat." Phoebe said as she put her hand on his back.

"Are you able to walk?" Allura asked Lance.

"Talking, eating . . . Are you asking me out on a date?" Lance flashed Allura his famous grin.

"Yep, there he is."

"He's ok."

"Classic."

. . .

"He'd be Sendak's prisoner right now if it weren't for Pidge and Phoebe." Allura went on, explaining to Lance the events that occurred while he was out cold.

"Well, you wouldnt have survived if Hunk and Coran hadn't gotten a new crystal." Pidge applauded the two.

"Wow, thanks everybody. Sounds like the mice did more than you though." Lance looked directly at Keith.

"I punched Sendak!" Keith defended himself.

"Yeah, apparently after I emerged from a coma and shot his arm off."

"And after I got captured by Sendak while trying to save everybody's skin . . . Twice!" Phoebe chimed in.

"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!", Keith told Phoebe, who blushed at the thought of being in his arms.

"Nope. Uh uh, dont remember, didn't happen." Phoebe quickly dismissed it and tried to cool down her now rosy cheeks.

"So, what happened to Sendak?" Lance quickly changed the subject.

"He's frozen in a Cryo pod. We're keeping him in the castle." Allura answered.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"