Chapter 13: Collection and Extraction

Phoebe and Keith layed on the floor of the training deck, both having fallen asleep there that night. Phoebe's head was rested on Keith's shoulder, his breathe hitting against the top of her head.

"Keith? Phoebe? Where are you two? You are both needed in the control room", Shiro asked over the coms.

Phoebe jolted up, startled at the echoing voice.

"Keith, wake up!" Phoebe hit him in the shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"They need us in control room."

She stood up and lended him a hand. He took it and she pulled him up to his feet, his body now pulled in close to hers.

"Well, we should go" Phoebe smiled as her cheeks turned red.

They both left the training deck and headed to the control room where the others were all gathered.

"Hey guys. What's going on?" Phoebe asked as she looked over Pidge's shoulder. She was tapping her fingers on her laptop, as usual.

"Where were you guys? Neither of you were in your rooms." Shiro asked the two.

"Well, um. . ." Keith stammered.

"Neither of us could sleep last night, so we ended up training on the deck. We wore ourselves out and fell asleep in there." Phoebe explained, taking the pressure off of Keith.

"Oh, okay then."

"So have we gotten any info from what we could retrieve from his memories?" Phoebe quickly changed the topic.

"Pidge is sorting through it now." Lance replied.

"Somewhere inside Sendak's memories we should be able to find the inside information that gives us the key to take down Zarkon." Allura added.

"I dont think your father would approve of you searching through an enemy's memories." Coran looked concerned.

"I know. But we have to do everything we can to defeat Zarkon."

"Once we learn all of his weaknesses, we can go to his front door and challenge him to a fight. Winner gets the unniverse."

Everyone looked at Lance, none of them impressed with his suggestion.

"So anything good yet Pidge?"

"We were only able to salvage bits and pieces", she replied.

"We need something to work with," Keith sighed. "Right now we dont even have a decent map of the empire."

"Who needs a map? After 10,000 years of conquering I could probably fire my bayard at any random point in space and hit a Galra ship." Lance retorted.

"If we could find some troop locations, or even supply routes, anything small enough so that we could just hit and run." Phoebe suggested.

"Then we could start to free planets one by one." Shiro agreed.

"Boring! I want the big kaboom!"

"Lance," Phoebe pinched the bridge of her nose," Zarkon has been building his empire for 10,000 years. We cant just tear it down overnight with six inexperienced pilots and one support ship. Going straight up to his front door would be a huge mistake!"

"Okay, I've cross-refferenced Sendak's memories with the info I got from the down ship on Arus. Most of it was a garbled mess, but one thing kept repeating, although I cant quite read what it says," Pidge explained, "it's in Galra."

"Here, let me see." Phoebe leaned over Pidge's shoulder and looked at the screen. "Uh . .  I think it says "universal station."

"You can read Galra?!" Lance exclaimed.